2011 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Best GM Sports Car in Decades. Total Joy!
By victory11 on 06/21/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I dont review lightly and have a lot of experience with the car buying process. This is my 45th car in my 33 years of driving and am completely satisfied. GM has a slam dunk with this one. Everyone knows that the exterior is hot. The interior is comfortable and inviting. Personally, I prefer a simple, modern/retro looking interior. Guages are laid out well and the center guage information center is a lifesaver for easy read and info. No blemishes, gaps well aligned and spaced, and not a single squeek, rattle, or pop. I have dual cameras on front and back along with curb sensor which eliminates blind spots. Remember, its a sports car, not a mommy van.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By rbeasley on 08/03/11 08:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 1LT auto, with sunroof. I am over 60 and this car makes me feel young like when I had my 67 when I was 22. This car has a solid feel. The V6 is very quick. I average between 24 -28 MPG in mixed driving. Ride is good and better than the 2011 Mustang I test drove. Backing up is not great because of the view, but with the backup camera in the 2012 that will help. This car also gets the looks, people are always looking at it.

25,000 exotic
By kmart77 on 01/29/11 00:18 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

People this car was 25,000 and has the best looks of any american made sports car out there. Plus add to that a 312 hp engine a boston acoustics 245 watt stereo system, onstar, vehicle phone built in and sick performance. Are u kidding me try finding that elsewhere for the same price. And as to the knocks on blind spots and comfort it is a SPORTS car wake up. The overall experience of drivng this car is spectacular. The ecceleration is sick as well as the handling. I owned 6 camaros and 2 firebirds in the day as well as a 1988 toyota supra. This car for the money cant be beat. Remeber its not a camry or a milk toast family car if you what that buy one of those and not this head turner.

Very pleased
By laxcoach81 on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just completed a 3000 mile road trip from the Midwest to the northeast. Fun to drive, very comfortable (I'm 6'3", 300 lbs) even for someone my size. No issues to this point, other than my wife wants the convertible when it comes out next spring. I was never a GM person, but they won me over with the camaro

Pros and cons
By camaro lover on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just a beautiful car. Fell in love the second I saw it. From a drivers standpoint, fun to drive. Visibility is not good at all though. Hard to see at stop light if you are anywhere near it, and although I am getting used to it, the visibility while backing up is severely lacking. Perhaps this will get better the more I drive the car, but those are the downfalls. Very quick car, and I can't imagine driving the v8! Overall, definitely worth the purchase and I can't wait until I can take it out and open it up!

Couldnt wait to get rid of it.
By Keith on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, fun to drive, but it is NOT an everyday car. It's HUGE, difficult to see out of. If you blow a tire you have to have it towed -- no tire only a blow up kit. Got rid of mine after a few months. It is a gas hog, but you should expect that. I liked it, but I could not wait to get rid of it, and sadly it does NOT hold its value for it to be one of the most talked about cars of recent times. I will admire them from the distance now, but never will recommend that someone buys one.

JWOO
By JWOO on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love the exterior design, great job well done. Awesome dash lighting. Fun to drive and very quick. Downfall is the drivers seat is creaking and popping, noisy !

2011 Camaro 1 LT
By Peter Piper on 07/30/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

So far the car has 1000 miles. In that time the car has performed ok. I have followed the manufacturers recommendation of not going over 4k during the break-in. The drivers seat is creaking and sounds like a spring has popped. The gas mileage fluctuates from 21 to 28 mpg. The visibility is bad but i was driving an Accord Coupe prior and am used to it but the camaro is worse. The interior does not compare to the Accords which was much nicer! The controls on the Camaro are very small fro people who need reading glasses and for those who don't. No interior storage as compared to the Honda. The interior lighting is primitive. The dash lighting is cool. Lousy nonadjustable cup holders.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro in VA is:

$146 per month*