Used 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

GREAT CAR with Flaws
By mrvega

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had my Camaro SS for a year and a half. The car has a phenomenal smooth, comfortable ride. A bit of body roll. What kills the fun on the 2011's is the steering feel. I feels hard, fighting against you. Makes the car feel even heavier. Acceleration is outstanding, yet it doesnt feel as fast because of how smooth. Once you look at the HUD you realize you are well into 100mph. Visibility is very poor. Gas mileage was the reason I got rid of it. I averaged 13 MPG City. The maximum I reached on the hwy was 20 (it was a miracle). After a year and a half later, I would stay admire it as I walked to or away from it. Beautiful style

Acceleration, smooth ride, Heads Up display was my favorite safety feature. All cars should have it. Satellite Radio never had an issue losing signal under bridges and at gas stations like my new Kia Optima.

Add Blind Side detectors, find a way to squeeze atleast 5 more mpg, lose atleast 300 pounds

Brings back the 60's
By garyanders

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy has done a wonderful job with this car. It is so retro and fun to drive with its big bold look. I have the 2ss with automatic and you are always in the right gear. You really punch it and it will set you back in your seat. Love to go cruising and listen to xm 60s on 6 station and I feel like I am back in the 60s. Great build quality, performance and handling. I have had mine for approx 1 yr now and could not be more pleased. Getting around 17 mph in town which is great for a 400hp V-8.

love the retro look and overall styling.

Maybe a softer touch dash.

1000 Mile Review
By brooklyn123

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Do you know that girl at work? You know her...the really hot one you talk about with the guys all the time. She's kind of quirky...maybe doesn't do some things as well as others...but she is sooooo HOT that you are willing to forgive her for any short comings. That is the Camaro. Two weeks later and I still look back at my Silver Ice Metallic 2SS when I leave. Feel eyes on you as you are stopped at a light? You are not paranoid. Everyone is looking at your Camaro. Get ready to answer the question, "how do you like it?' You are going to hear it every time you get out of the car. If you are unsure about the 6 or 8, just test drive them both and step on the gas...the choice gets easy.

That 6.2L V8. Exterior design. Handles like it is on rails.

The interior materials are average but look decent at night. Driving the car the first time makes you ask, "will I be able to see out of this?" The mirrors on the sun visors don't light up. No back up camera. Impossible to know where the car begins and ends when you driving. It's ok Camaro. All is forgiven once I step up to the car, take a look at it, and feel great that I pulled the trigger and got the 2SS. This thing moves and makes you proud that you bought it.

2SS/RS White-Black Leather
By slowbrew

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I tried to get her to make a house wife /mother sensible decision but after driving SUVs for 13 years she wouldn't settle for it. We have only had it a couple days and got nailed by a rock on the freeway after the first 50 miles and chipped the windshield. Hopefully that will be the official "break in". We got white because of what I have read about the soft paint and figured we can fill the chips with wax or touchup will be easier. Car feels great-If you are intimidated about the visibility at first you get use to it after the first day. Looking forward to opening it up but am being nice to the motor for the break in. Hopefully it will be reliable. Car is BEAUTIFUL/DREAM CAR!!!

Looks!!Performance!!Seats are very comfortable and instrumentation looks cool at night. HUD is cool!

Navigation that you don't have to pay for from OnStar. No other complaints as of yet. Backseats are fine for small kids. My kids are teenagers and will squeeze in for short rides but nothing long.

Nice Bang for the Buck!
By s_pok

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great, great car! Amazing performance for the dollar! I've had it for over three months now and have not had any issues. Wish I could say the same for other Camaro owners and ex-owners. I've been averaging a combined 19 mpg in the city and highway which is pretty good for such a big motor.

Love the performance and exhaust sound. It's a beast when you want it to be! I got the RS package and I love the HID lights with the halo rings.

I'm not too fond of the appearance of the radio and climate controls and the plastic of the interior feels cheap. The dash, center console, and door panels should be wrapped with leather or some type of upholstery like the center console compartment lid. Other than that this car is perfect! Oh and I wish I still had fog lights. Day time running light is great but I'd still like to have it even though I might not need it because of my HID lights.