2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2011 Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Sort Reviews by

Only buy this car if you have a lot of money to spend.
By deano18

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car has its pros and cons, but there are too many cons. Pros: The car is a lot of fun to drive, very powerful, and looks great. Cons: MPG is not even close to what the epa estimates are. Unless you drive incredibly well and keep the rpm's below 2500, you are going to get 14/15 mpg on a good day and average out at about 11. The car is always in the shop and constantly needs to be maintained. An oil change costs about $100 and this car drinks oil likes its no tomorrow. Tires costs about $250 each and the car goes through those like an eraser on a pencil. Only buy this car if you plan to use it as a weekend car, not a daily driver, and don't care about maintenance costs.

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg and better build. I have had to get the speakers replaced twice because they blew out or the housing broke. The locking mechanism needed to be replaced. My windows needed to be reindexed almost every few months during the spring/summer. Steering is much harder than it should be.

Totally Hot Car
By scarlett13

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

My husband actually bought this and traded in my Ford Explorer while it was in the driveway. Its the 2SS and I adore it! This car is very fast. 426+ hp.. Been asked for phone numbers while pumping gas on more than one occasion in car. Got a few minor issues probably due to my height. 5'6". Trouble seeing out front and back. Gotten a few tickets. Sunroof and whole package great. Thoroughly recommend. Hasnt been in the shop one day. Just listed to get something boring and sensible. Just hate to sell. Makes driving fun again. Love it. Needs a rear camera.

Favorite Features

Exterior, Sunroof, Acceleration, 426hp engine, turbo booster, Automatic Sports Car, Parking Sensor

Suggested Improvements

Rear Camera

Cool Ride
By buck127

2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March of 2011 as a birthday present for myself. I have driven it as a primary car and now have 30,000 miles on it. I have not had one problem with the car so far. The speed is also surprising since it is a V-6. It has over 300 horsepower! Because the rear is so high and the rear window so small, my wife who is 5 foot tall has been unable to safely drive it. I think the sacrifice is justifiable though in order to get the great look that the car has. It catches attention and I have had many people compliment me on my car. The only drawback I can really complain of is the gas mileage as it only gets about 14 miles to the gallon in the city.

Favorite Features

Look, speed, spacious front seat, solid mechanics

Suggested Improvements

None

Modern Muscle
By stinger222

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Black 2SS for nearly 3 years now and still love driving it. I live in Western NY and must garage it during the winter, bummer! To own this car in my area you it must be as a summer car, no way I would drive it in the snow and salt. Pleanty of power when you want it, I recomend investing in a radar dector. The cool factor of driving this car makes the visibility issue dissapear after a couple short drives! Trunk space is OK, The back seat drops down and 2 sets of golf clubs fits easily. I've owned several manuals and nearly stalled it at first but you get used it quickly. Gas mileage not bad when compared to older muscle cars.

Favorite Features

Pros - power, looks, handling, quite an attention getter!

Suggested Improvements

Cons - Black difficult to keep clean, visability, and trunk space. Must use 93 octane, oil changes are expensive.

2SS Convertible
By hotrodss

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought mine March 2011. Have 6500 miles on it. So not driving it alot. Issues, passenger seat too low and non Electric so no height adjustment. If you run my heater for awhile the fan will begin to rattle. I need to take in for repair. Rear rotor is rusting and it is the only one doing that. The car is garaged and basically new. Not sure about the necessity of ONSTAR due to Smart Phones. ONStar costs $30 a month. Seems better just to have a GPS. No spare tire or Jack/lug wrench in trunk. Just have the air pump and tire sealer. (Seems cheap for a car I spent well into the mid 50s on. A bit cumbersome removing and installing the convertible top cover. Wheels scratch easily.

Favorite Features

It handles well, plently of speed. Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Mentioned in the review. Would add improving the type leather on the steering wheel. It is easy to scratch.

Best GM Sports Car in Decades. Total Joy!
By victory11

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I dont review lightly and have a lot of experience with the car buying process. This is my 45th car in my 33 years of driving and am completely satisfied. GM has a slam dunk with this one. Everyone knows that the exterior is hot. The interior is comfortable and inviting. Personally, I prefer a simple, modern/retro looking interior. Guages are laid out well and the center guage information center is a lifesaver for easy read and info. No blemishes, gaps well aligned and spaced, and not a single squeek, rattle, or pop. I have dual cameras on front and back along with curb sensor which eliminates blind spots. Remember, its a sports car, not a mommy van.

Favorite Features

Looks, Ride, gas milage on v6, comfort. Options and add-ons are as endless and varied as on a mustang. Mostly, so far after one year, NO Problems. One oil change and tire rotation compliments of dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Get the mud flaps....no chips. Get a backup camera....whole new world. 19" wheels/tires or larger....better handling, look. Mobil 1 synthetic oil....always.

GREAT CAR with Flaws
By mrvega

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had my Camaro SS for a year and a half. The car has a phenomenal smooth, comfortable ride. A bit of body roll. What kills the fun on the 2011's is the steering feel. I feels hard, fighting against you. Makes the car feel even heavier. Acceleration is outstanding, yet it doesnt feel as fast because of how smooth. Once you look at the HUD you realize you are well into 100mph. Visibility is very poor. Gas mileage was the reason I got rid of it. I averaged 13 MPG City. The maximum I reached on the hwy was 20 (it was a miracle). After a year and a half later, I would stay admire it as I walked to or away from it. Beautiful style

Favorite Features

Acceleration, smooth ride, Heads Up display was my favorite safety feature. All cars should have it. Satellite Radio never had an issue losing signal under bridges and at gas stations like my new Kia Optima.

Suggested Improvements

Add Blind Side detectors, find a way to squeeze atleast 5 more mpg, lose atleast 300 pounds

Part 2 of Midlife Crisis
By dirizzil

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my Lexus IS for an '11 2LT. Own the car for a year now and put 10K miles on it. Styling, both inside and out is exceptional, performance is excellent, comfort is good, and fuel economy is as good as you can expect for a car like this. For those who complain about cramped back seats, you simply bought the wrong car for your intended use. Overall the car offers fantastic value and great driving experience. Attracts a lot of attention, including police(had my day in court). You can't get most of the features the 2LT offers in a Mercedes, etc unless you spend almost 2X the 30K. Really? $55K and no xenon lights, parking sensors, premium sound, folding rear seats or auto start.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, heads up display, great sound system, 20 rims, and auto start.

Suggested Improvements

Some interior materials could be improved as they appear a little cheap and plastic y. I know they are plastic, but can look less so. Though can say the same about more expensive cars, so minor point. Understand the 2012 using leather on the dash, nice touch up. Additionally, have heard some noise around paint quality. Areas around my wheel wells seem to be taking a beating, so maybe something to be said for that.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By rbeasley

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 1LT auto, with sunroof. I am over 60 and this car makes me feel young like when I had my 67 when I was 22. This car has a solid feel. The V6 is very quick. I average between 24 -28 MPG in mixed driving. Ride is good and better than the 2011 Mustang I test drove. Backing up is not great because of the view, but with the backup camera in the 2012 that will help. This car also gets the looks, people are always looking at it.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Ride is good for a sports car. The feeling you get when you drive it. The solid feel. OnStar, which is a great feature, I have used it several times. OnStar should be on every car, especially ones that women drive, you never know when you need help.

Suggested Improvements

Soft touch interior materials.

Best car you can buy for the $$
By ms9

2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 Camaro LS for 3 months now and it truly is an amazing car! General Motors has stepped up there game when it comes to quality and value so far I have not had one problem with this car mechanically. The 312hp 3.6L V6 runs very smooth and when you open up the throttle this baby moves fast! The 6 speed auto seems to be a good match for this car it has 2 modes drive and sport and when you really want to push it id recommend sport mode you can feel the differences. The exterior design speaks for it self awesome! I see people complaining about the interior and visibility you got to remember this was a concept car and i'm glad they didn't mess with the overall design too much!

Favorite Features

Smooth and fast V6 with decent fuel economy. Great build and ride quality of course the great retro looks makes you feel like its 1969 all over again!

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials and that's about it! As for people complaining about the visibility and nitpicking you got to remember this was a concept sports car put into production not to long ago if you guys wanted great visibility you should of went out and bought a Toyota Camry and see how many heads you will turn then!