2011 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Cool Ride
By buck127 on 06/11/13 10:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March of 2011 as a birthday present for myself. I have driven it as a primary car and now have 30,000 miles on it. I have not had one problem with the car so far. The speed is also surprising since it is a V-6. It has over 300 horsepower! Because the rear is so high and the rear window so small, my wife who is 5 foot tall has been unable to safely drive it. I think the sacrifice is justifiable though in order to get the great look that the car has. It catches attention and I have had many people compliment me on my car. The only drawback I can really complain of is the gas mileage as it only gets about 14 miles to the gallon in the city.

Modern Muscle
By stinger222 on 03/03/13 08:11 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Black 2SS for nearly 3 years now and still love driving it. I live in Western NY and must garage it during the winter, bummer! To own this car in my area you it must be as a summer car, no way I would drive it in the snow and salt. Pleanty of power when you want it, I recomend investing in a radar dector. The cool factor of driving this car makes the visibility issue dissapear after a couple short drives! Trunk space is OK, The back seat drops down and 2 sets of golf clubs fits easily. I've owned several manuals and nearly stalled it at first but you get used it quickly. Gas mileage not bad when compared to older muscle cars.

2SS Convertible
By hotrodss on 02/18/13 20:05 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought mine March 2011. Have 6500 miles on it. So not driving it alot. Issues, passenger seat too low and non Electric so no height adjustment. If you run my heater for awhile the fan will begin to rattle. I need to take in for repair. Rear rotor is rusting and it is the only one doing that. The car is garaged and basically new. Not sure about the necessity of ONSTAR due to Smart Phones. ONStar costs $30 a month. Seems better just to have a GPS. No spare tire or Jack/lug wrench in trunk. Just have the air pump and tire sealer. (Seems cheap for a car I spent well into the mid 50s on. A bit cumbersome removing and installing the convertible top cover. Wheels scratch easily.

Best GM Sports Car in Decades. Total Joy!
By victory11 on 06/21/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I dont review lightly and have a lot of experience with the car buying process. This is my 45th car in my 33 years of driving and am completely satisfied. GM has a slam dunk with this one. Everyone knows that the exterior is hot. The interior is comfortable and inviting. Personally, I prefer a simple, modern/retro looking interior. Guages are laid out well and the center guage information center is a lifesaver for easy read and info. No blemishes, gaps well aligned and spaced, and not a single squeek, rattle, or pop. I have dual cameras on front and back along with curb sensor which eliminates blind spots. Remember, its a sports car, not a mommy van.

GREAT CAR with Flaws
By mrvega on 04/26/12 11:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had my Camaro SS for a year and a half. The car has a phenomenal smooth, comfortable ride. A bit of body roll. What kills the fun on the 2011's is the steering feel. I feels hard, fighting against you. Makes the car feel even heavier. Acceleration is outstanding, yet it doesnt feel as fast because of how smooth. Once you look at the HUD you realize you are well into 100mph. Visibility is very poor. Gas mileage was the reason I got rid of it. I averaged 13 MPG City. The maximum I reached on the hwy was 20 (it was a miracle). After a year and a half later, I would stay admire it as I walked to or away from it. Beautiful style

Part 2 of Midlife Crisis
By dirizzil on 03/04/12 06:59 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my Lexus IS for an '11 2LT. Own the car for a year now and put 10K miles on it. Styling, both inside and out is exceptional, performance is excellent, comfort is good, and fuel economy is as good as you can expect for a car like this. For those who complain about cramped back seats, you simply bought the wrong car for your intended use. Overall the car offers fantastic value and great driving experience. Attracts a lot of attention, including police(had my day in court). You can't get most of the features the 2LT offers in a Mercedes, etc unless you spend almost 2X the 30K. Really? $55K and no xenon lights, parking sensors, premium sound, folding rear seats or auto start.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By rbeasley on 08/03/11 08:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 1LT auto, with sunroof. I am over 60 and this car makes me feel young like when I had my 67 when I was 22. This car has a solid feel. The V6 is very quick. I average between 24 -28 MPG in mixed driving. Ride is good and better than the 2011 Mustang I test drove. Backing up is not great because of the view, but with the backup camera in the 2012 that will help. This car also gets the looks, people are always looking at it.

Best car you can buy for the $$
By ms9 on 07/26/11 22:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 Camaro LS for 3 months now and it truly is an amazing car! General Motors has stepped up there game when it comes to quality and value so far I have not had one problem with this car mechanically. The 312hp 3.6L V6 runs very smooth and when you open up the throttle this baby moves fast! The 6 speed auto seems to be a good match for this car it has 2 modes drive and sport and when you really want to push it id recommend sport mode you can feel the differences. The exterior design speaks for it self awesome! I see people complaining about the interior and visibility you got to remember this was a concept car and i'm glad they didn't mess with the overall design too much!

more fun to look at than to drive!
By camarra on 07/06/11 07:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I rented this car for 10 days and put 1400 miles on it. I found it extremely comfortable to drive, however, the visibility issue is really bad and it was good that this model came with a backup camera! I didn't feel that the acceleration was all that impressive but it did have a lot of get up and go. I felt that the interior was fairly well laid out, but hard to get used to - I would have had to use the manual to figure out many of the features and I'm pretty computer literate. I don't particularly like the holographic speedometer display which reads out your current speed in the windshield in front of you. I don't know, for instance, if there's a way to turn this off.

SS.2.RS Race Car
By smushi on 06/14/11 13:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

When I was checking out the car I thought no way would the wife let me get it. Get to test driving the car (v8 Manual) wife refused to drive it saying she was intemidated... After we get it home she took it out and now 2 months later 1500 of our first 2000 miles are from my wife cruising around to work etc. This car is a race car in build. If your seeking maximum comfort or the best gas mileage get a Caddy or a Prius. If you want a car and like many others have said that gets you comments and looks everywhere you go. Feels and drives like a race car. Makes you feel like 1 million bucks. This is your car. Its fun,fast, and sexy. You wont go wrong here!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro in VA is:

$150 per month*