Used 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun in the sun!
By Nehi

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car hugs the road. It performs with no problems. Ease of use, everything within reach. You just want to drive it down the road. When the top is down you can see everything.

Only buy this car if you have a lot of money to spend.
By deano18

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car has its pros and cons, but there are too many cons. Pros: The car is a lot of fun to drive, very powerful, and looks great. Cons: MPG is not even close to what the epa estimates are. Unless you drive incredibly well and keep the rpm's below 2500, you are going to get 14/15 mpg on a good day and average out at about 11. The car is always in the shop and constantly needs to be maintained. An oil change costs about $100 and this car drinks oil likes its no tomorrow. Tires costs about $250 each and the car goes through those like an eraser on a pencil. Only buy this car if you plan to use it as a weekend car, not a daily driver, and don't care about maintenance costs.

Better mpg and better build. I have had to get the speakers replaced twice because they blew out or the housing broke. The locking mechanism needed to be replaced. My windows needed to be reindexed almost every few months during the spring/summer. Steering is much harder than it should be.

Totally Hot Car
By scarlett13

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

My husband actually bought this and traded in my Ford Explorer while it was in the driveway. Its the 2SS and I adore it! This car is very fast. 426+ hp.. Been asked for phone numbers while pumping gas on more than one occasion in car. Got a few minor issues probably due to my height. 5'6". Trouble seeing out front and back. Gotten a few tickets. Sunroof and whole package great. Thoroughly recommend. Hasnt been in the shop one day. Just listed to get something boring and sensible. Just hate to sell. Makes driving fun again. Love it. Needs a rear camera.

Exterior, Sunroof, Acceleration, 426hp engine, turbo booster, Automatic Sports Car, Parking Sensor

Rear Camera

Cool Ride
By buck127

2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March of 2011 as a birthday present for myself. I have driven it as a primary car and now have 30,000 miles on it. I have not had one problem with the car so far. The speed is also surprising since it is a V-6. It has over 300 horsepower! Because the rear is so high and the rear window so small, my wife who is 5 foot tall has been unable to safely drive it. I think the sacrifice is justifiable though in order to get the great look that the car has. It catches attention and I have had many people compliment me on my car. The only drawback I can really complain of is the gas mileage as it only gets about 14 miles to the gallon in the city.

Look, speed, spacious front seat, solid mechanics

None

Modern Muscle
By stinger222

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Black 2SS for nearly 3 years now and still love driving it. I live in Western NY and must garage it during the winter, bummer! To own this car in my area you it must be as a summer car, no way I would drive it in the snow and salt. Pleanty of power when you want it, I recomend investing in a radar dector. The cool factor of driving this car makes the visibility issue dissapear after a couple short drives! Trunk space is OK, The back seat drops down and 2 sets of golf clubs fits easily. I've owned several manuals and nearly stalled it at first but you get used it quickly. Gas mileage not bad when compared to older muscle cars.

Pros - power, looks, handling, quite an attention getter!

Cons - Black difficult to keep clean, visability, and trunk space. Must use 93 octane, oil changes are expensive.

• SUV