The Beast
By Paul Wernich on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I've put 7500 miles on my silver Heritage Edition Camaro and I'm still getting tons of stares and compliments. I especially enjoy the reaction from young boys (I suspect they will be future Camaro owners too). After a hard rain I did have a good bit of water leak into the back seat. The local dealer adjusted the door and I haven't noticed any leaking since. The front end continues to chip/nick much more easily than any car I've owned before. I ordered a mask/bra for it but because of the unusual shape of the front end of the Camaro, the fit was awkward so I ended up returning the mask/bra. There is a clear plastic coating available to protect the front end, I suggest you get it.
Favorite Features
The exterior is lean, aggressive, and commanding. Fuel economy is about 24mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. Fairly quiet and stable on the road even at higher speeds. The vehicle information/diagnostics display is very useful. Automatic hood prop is convenient. Stylish cockpit.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the paint quality especially on the front end where it's most vulnerable to damage. Make the interior less susceptible to scratching so easily. Shed some body weight, the car feels too heavy. Exterior hood release is difficult to access. Sunvisors should slide for better side coverage.