2010 Chevrolet Camaro 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Disappointing

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

1SS Coupe (6.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

Disappointing
By warheart on

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and kept it for just over 2 years. I had to convince myself that I liked the car, when I actually couldn't stand it. When people would ask me how I feel about it, I'd mutter "eh it's fun". But honestly, this thing drives like a clunker. Fast? Absolutely! But it handles like a bus with no visibility. It's advertised MPG is a longshot as well. It's really around 11-14. An additional sting came from the terrible internal options. Anyone that has driven a variety of sports cars can tell you the same thing, this isn't a real sports car. I've since changed over to a much smaller, lighter, far superior (though slower) RWD vehicle that actually offers a driving experience.

Favorite Features

The speed

Suggested Improvements

Interior, handling, visibility, MPG, paint quality
By rockenroller
on 07/11/13 16:18 PM (PDT)

Well it all helps if you want a sports car that drives itself, or one that the driver is in command... I've driven the top 3 domestics and the Camaro doesn't leave anyone close to its all around qualities. Around where we live we have a large number of wildlife in the area, I have saved my insurance company mega bucks due the Camaro's ability to maneuver quickly at high speeds, where as the Dodge and the ford would be wrecked in the ditch. Totally incapable of handling the evasive maneuver without sliding out, I've tried it, so hope your new Porsche is big enough for your suitcase. Good luck.