The Batmobile?
By Paul Wernich on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
It's now been 6 months and 11,000 miles since I purchased my silver Camaro. I still get loads of stares and complements, I feel like a celebrity. Still getting about 24 mpg with a mix of city/highway driving. Handling/ride is pleasant over smooth surfaces but becomes unsettled and even jarring on rough surfaces (it feels as though the rear axle is breaking in two). The windshield began cracking for no apparent reason and the dealer replaced it at no charge under warranty. The paint continues to chip/nick very easily especially on the front end (an aftermarket bodyshop told me automakers are using a less durable/more environmental friendly paint. Radio plate sometimes fogs up from humidity.
Favorite Features
The car is just too sexy for the streets, reminds me of the Batmobile from the animated series The Batman. Overall quality appears so-so, typical for a GM product. Decent mpg for a powerful V6. Supportive/attractive seats. Tight turning circle. Lots of bang for the buck (great looks and features).
Suggested Improvements
Main complaints are back breaking suspension over broken pavement and paint that chips/nicks/scratches too easily. While on the subject of scratching easily, let's do something about those sensitive interior surfaces. Add sliding sunvisors. More powerful radio/speakers. Car feels too heavy. Rebates