PAINT CHIPS!!!
By jennybain on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I have wanted a Camaro since the Movie Transformers came out.. I love the look of the car . It is completely sexy and hot!... However, I have had my Camaro for 2 months and every single time I wash it or inspect it, I find more and more paint chips.. It is so disappointing.. I don't tail other drivers and I park in the nose bleed section of every parking lot to prevent door dings... These chips are coming out of no where.. There are not scratches.. these are large chunks of paint missing.. you can see the gray primer under it.. Also in the seams where the hood meets the fenders, the paint is flaking off.. I really hope Chevy does something about this.. I love my car..:(
Favorite Features
The Car is Beautiful.. I love it.. It is so Sexy!
Suggested Improvements
The paint is crap.. It chips and scratches worse than any care I have ever had. Chevy needs to correct this problem. We paid good money for these cars and deserve good paint jobs..
By 1whocares
on 03/18/14 13:05 PM (PDT)

I'VE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH STONE .CHIPS. MY 2010, JEWELTONE RED WITH ONLY 28K. LAST SEPT 2012 I E-MAILED CHEVY AND COMPLAINED WHAT I WAS OBSERVING. I TOLD CHEVY THAT MY WIFES 2010 FORD FUSION HAD AS MANY MILES, WITH THE SAME DRIVING CONDITIONS ON SIMILAR HWY'S, HAD NO STONE SHIPS COMPARED TO THE CAMERO. TOOK 4 BUSINESS DAYS, THEY AUTHORIZED FOR A COMPLETE RE-PAINT, I DIDN'T WANT A WHOLE RE-PAINT, JUST THE NOSE AND THE HOOD. THEY THREW IN THOSE NEW MUD FLAPS, AND A "HERITAGE" STRIPE DOWN THE SIDES. I THEN OPTED FOR "CLEAR MASK" ON THE NOSE FOR PROTECTION. SO FAR SO GOOD. GOOD LUCK