Paint chipping very easily
By Sunnygirl1122 on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
Wow, I love this car! We have never owned anything that is as wonderful as our Camaro. Unfortunately, the paint is not a great quality. We have more chips on this car then we do on the 2005 Kia that we own. We have only put 1600 miles on it since February and there is paint chipping all over the doors, fenders and front end. I am very disappointed about this. We are actually going to have to have the car repainted. It would be one thing if we live out in the boondocks.. but we don't. Highway miles only. Come on Chevy help us out here. :) Love the car, hate the paint.
Favorite Features
This car looks so cool and talk about speed. Wow! It hugs the corners and turns the heads of everyone we drive by.
Suggested Improvements
Please upgrade the paint. The seat-belts leave a lot to be desired. They are very uncomfortable.
By jerrydeel
on 02/01/11 07:44 AM (PST)

I own a 2011 camaro 2SS Black in color. The car is my daily driver and I travel on the highway all the time. My car looks like bad. The quarters are chipped up real bad. The rockers look like they have been sandblasted. The bottom of the front fenders look like they have been sandblasted to the bare metal. The car has 15,000 miles and looks like it has 300,000. I own a 1994 camaro with 200,000 miles and a 2002 firebird with 115,000 miles. They look better than my new camaro and they still have the factory paint! Each was my daily driver since I have bought them new. I am so dissapointed in GM. I have made up my mind that if they do not warranty my new camaro, I am going to trade the car in for something else that does not require a paint job every year so it will not rust out in 2 years. The front bumper and rear bumper are fine and they are in the line of fire from other vehicles and rear tires. I believe its something in the paint that was used for the metal body of the car. The bumpers must have flex additive or adhesion promoter. I have been trying to find other camaro owners that have this problem. We need to get together in numbers and let GM know that we want quality in 41,000 dollar cars. They seem to have better quality in the paint of cobalts. I have friends that own them and they look 100 times better on their front fenders and rockers. GM needs to back up the warranty they claim. I am telling whoever is thinking on buying one of these cars be warned. Either stay away until they get the paint issue solved or be prepared to deal with chips and paint issues. I am so disappointed.