2000 miles through,wind,rain, and snow
By or_truckguy on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I rented a v6 Camaro. Drove with 2 adults and 2 children. Trunk held kids luggage, gifts, and overnight bags for adults. I moved drivers seat up for passenger. Drove that way for 3 hours no issue. teens were good to go in the back seat. Drove through nasty weather from Seattle down I-5 over to Hwy 101 to San Fran with 2 adults. Standing water, high winds, and heavy rain. Car handle well and was fun drive through the twisties on 101. Seat comfort is ok. 4'11 wife could see over door sills. V-6 has plenty of power, It'll pin you to your seat. Drove through Yosemite and 80 miles of snow at 5000+ft. Slow going with chains but no issues. Adjust mirrors be careful backing up, blind spots.
Favorite Features
The power from V-6. It'll put a smile on your face. SirrusXm radio on a long trip. Paddle shifters for down shifting on narrower ice/snow covered roads. Traction control. The exterior design. 13 year old girl made a point to get a picture in the drivers seat. Told me I'm going to buy her one. Might be a negative for a Father.lol Interior gauges were nice, good retro style. Fog lamps and temp readout came in handy. Felt good to drive after 3 days of 8+ hours driving it. Didn't feel like a base model rental car 9000miles now with 11000miles. Didn't want to turn it in. And I'm a Ford guy.
Suggested Improvements
Can't speak for long term reliability. Steering wheel is a bit thick and I wear large size gloves. Telescopic steer wheel. Paint on rear bumper is thin. A parking lot shopping cart went straight to the plastic. Trunk opening is small. I think an auto-stick is better than paddle shifters on the steering wheel.