Front end problems
By rockenroller on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca
Favorite Features
Lighting, sunroof, stereo, handling, acceleration, gas mileage, (I have installed a K&N), looks great inside & out, everything you see, I like, especially the handling characteristics, independent rear suspension is a plus.
Suggested Improvements
Better paint (more thickness) very thin, too thin.. build a better front end, (these are 20 inch wide profile tires, beef up the steel! (or aluminum). Widen front fenders behind the tires so rear outside panels do not get rock blast, (I don't take it on gravel) instal or make available fender lip protectors(lower rear of all 4 fenders) to stave off chipping from wheel blast, the Mylar plastic is too thin and the car wash has dissolved the factory set. Just call & I'll advise if I can.