2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Front end problems (revised Ju

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Review

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

Front end problems (revised July 2016)
By rockenroller on

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca.
Revised 07/16
I have purchased continental tires and they are a far superior tire. Other than traction, the Pirrellis are absolute trash. Since my purchase of the continentals I have no more cupping/ vibration issues, I don't have to replace them every 15,000km and that's running them bald. I have 40k on the conties and they are still handling perfectly and the wear is negligible. The Tire rack is a great business to buy rubber.

• Active safety
  • Electronics
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost

• Parking aids

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review