2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: First Muscle Car

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

First Muscle Car
By 2010 2SS/RS on

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have just hit the end of the recommended break-in period (1500 miles) and I love this car more and more every day. I considered the similarly priced Challenger R/T and Mustang GT (both great cars), but fell in love with the Camaro. For such a heavy car, it is both agile and quick, and I enjoy pushing it in corners. I haven't enjoyed it on a 70 degree day yet, but with summer-only tires, I have had no traction issues in freezing temperatures. Even in 2-4" inches of snow, it did not slip. I am waiting for the first oil change and warmer temperatures before I really open it up and try the launch control, but even with the engine not fully broken in, it is a monster.

My favorite "features" are: the neck-snapping acceleration from the 426 hp V8, the snick-snick of the 6 speed manual, the decent mpg for a 400+ hp V8, back-up sensors (a major help in parking multiple cars closely) and the ability of this car to turn heads...mine included.

If I had to find one suggested improvement, I would suggest some interior work. That being said, I like the retro-styled interior, but it's not quite perfect yet. Even the flagship Corvette still suffers from the overly plastic interior.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review