2010 Camaro Review
By carlover81 on
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
I purchased my Camaro a little over a year ago and it is driven daily. I am very impressed with its features. The 6.2L V8 is amazingly powerful and very responsive. The six speed transmission is very crisp and smooth. The gas mileage was actually a big surprise for a V8; I get 20+ city and right around 30 on the highway. I feel the interior has a cockpit feel that encompasses the driver but is also very ergonomic and comfy. The only issue I found was blind spots make it difficult to back up this large vehicle. Exterior styling was a great combination of modern almost futuristic styling and the classic Chevy muscle look. I really enjoy driving this car to work or cruising around town.
Favorite Features
Some of my favorite things about this vehicle are the numerous options to make the car your own. I purchased the RS package which has the HID headlights and daytime driving lights which help both at night and during those dreary days. I also went with the 1SS package instead of the 2SS package so I got the sport cloth interior instead of the leather, which would be uncomfortable in the NV heat. I think my favorite option was the manual transmission. With the manual you get more power than the auto and more control over the performance. I would still have to say the overall look is what really makes this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
I only have a few suggested improvements for the new Camaro. I think the suspension could be stiffened up a little. With an almost 4000 lb car you can really feel it sway in the turns. Also being over 6ft tall the roofline sits only about an inch from the top of my head; which I occasionally hit upon a large bump. Again I am very pleased with my Camaro and I would suggest it to anyone looking for an affordable sports car.