2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: A beast with manners.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

A beast with manners.
By LVR on

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

It took me a while to warm up to the Camaro. Perhaps it was my own belief that, other than the C6 Corvette, "old" GM wouldn't/couldn't truly build a decent performance car. But my daughter nearly begged me to look at the new Camaro. So I did the research plus read a ton of "professional" and consumer reviews before even taking a test drive. I did the same on Jaguar XK, Mercedes CL series, Porsche, Cadillac XLR, Corvette, Lexus SC, Infinity and BMW sport sedans. Then selectively test drove the other cars again. Yes, I over analyzed it, but I usually keep and use my cars for a long time. I bought the Camaro and haven't looked back. I've driven it on long trips and it's my daily driver.

Favorite Features

Far more sophisticated than its predecessors the Camaro's drivability, comfort, and features compare well with "superior" brands. The styling speaks for itself. I love the way it handles. At will you can awaken the beast to experience all the muscle car fury then cage it again for the drive home.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic could be better. If you're over 5'4" you won't fit in the back seat... under 5'4" and its tolerable. But the back seat isn't why you buy the car. You can flip it down and you have plenty of cargo room. Visibility... adjust the mirrors and learn how to use them, you'll be just fine.