Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The experience
By Larry Kurbatoff

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Several days after we purchased our Camaro SS, we went on a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. Wherever we went, people complimented this car. Several said the car looked "fast" while parked. We utilized both auto and manual and wow, does this Camaro move. The instruments are easy to read, the inside lights are a delight and everything else is located on the steering wheel-no need to reach out for something. I really wanted to push it to about 120 to 130 mph, but mostly stayed under a 100. I am 69 and my wife is 70 and, for us, this is a real kick!

Favorite Features

Instruments located on the steering wheel. Bluetooth and On Star are such a pleasure and extremely helpful on a long road trip. We have not had these programs before, but it is noteworthy that Bluetooth and On Star are two separate formats. XM radio is a blast.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Beware the Paint and Sight Lines...
By UsetobeRSguy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, purchased a Red 2010 2LT RS and was blown away by the looks, unique interior, and list of options/features. I was concerned about the roof line, but thought I would get use to it. And then the paint chips began. I started to get paint chips by the "gills" even though I had purchased the painted splash guards. And then I read camaro forums and quickly learned of a paint issue on the camaro. The stories are horrific and I've seen the pictures! GM is not acknowledging that there is a problem, of course. The root of the problem appears to be a change in paint due to federal/Canadian laws. After 500 miles, I traded for a 2010 mustang gt and couldn't be happier! So, buyers, beware!

Favorite Features

Unique interior, quality of interior materials, halo lights, killer stereo, and exhaust note for the V6

Suggested Improvements

FIX the paint problem GM! and improve the outward visibility and then it'll be hard to beat by the competition!

My wife loves her bee
By meanolhubby

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Let me preface: I'm not the primary driver. We have had a blast with the car since we bought it, though we have to keep a close eye on the speedometer. The 19 mpg in city is no surprise, but we drove from Omaha to Atlanta and got almost 29.5 mpg on every tank (91 octane or higher). We have driven it through snow and ice (though not on those P- zero tires) and had no issues; the vehicle weight, positraction, and traction control systems kept us on the road with very little problem. The car grabs attention wherever you go, and you just have to smile.

Favorite Features

The car moves when you want it to move, and does so quickly. Responsive steering, and the traction control keeps you in charge. Gauges for all the critical items rather than just idiot lights. Easy to feel safe in the car because it just feels so solid. An absolute head-turner if you like attention.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better visibility, specifically on the rear half of the vehicle. USB connection doesn't always detect iPod or other device. If you're going to bother putting in a back seat, make it big enough to be more than a purse holder for my wife. 'Gills' should be painted or have decals to stand out.

What a ride!
By Oldcar

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best muscle car I've ever owned. It was well worth the wait. Chevy hit the nail on the head. I had the dealership paint gloss black rally stripes with the exact footprint of the factory stickers. I also had the Corsa performance exhaust installed at the dealership. The Silver Ice Metallic with the gloss black stripes looks stunning and the LS3 motor sounds absolutely wicked under hard acceleration. Given the reaction the car gets from teenagers who see it, the Camaro is most likely breeding a new generation of car guys. When these hit the used car lots they are going to be snapped up by youngsters who can't afford a new one right now. Do yourself a favor...test drive one.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power and an awesome sound. Great comfort with a state-of-the-art radio. I'll be taking a trip across the country this summer and I can hardly wait to see how it performs in the long haul.

Suggested Improvements

Put a couple of "SS" badges somewhere on the flanks.

The King of the Road
By Mboily

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For the past 20 years I've been driving second hand vestige cars & I decided to get myself a birthday present; A sport car. Guess what, I got a true super sport car instead for the same price! The Actual King of the American Roads, Oh yes, no other car attracts more attention and the reason is simple: Power and Style combine with an efficient design (interior & exterior). GM really got it all right, none of the regular bin parts or the usual adding of unnecessary molding or gimmicks to fill space. It's a simple and clean classic sport car design, finally! I just can't stop glaring & driving this car fast or slow. Every time I hop in, I know I'm driving something special and it makes me a happy man.

Favorite Features

Since I'm 6'4", never an American sport car made me feel comfortable like this Car does.(no sunroof) The wheel fits perfectly in my big hands. The manual stick shift is amazingly soft, quick and direct. The driving position is fabulous, even the visibility is good. I love the music of the 6.2 L.WOW!

Suggested Improvements

At high speed the steering wheel becomes a bit to numb in the center. The low fuel warning should continue to display the range left on the tank as well. Better gas mileage. My average is 15 MPG. Add the up and down adjustable passenger seat, short people do not see the road at all.