Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - Consumer Reviews

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (66 reviews )

2SS Camaro
By Jazbati

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had some noise coming out of the exhaust, its on order to be replaced under warranty and has been on order fro more than a month now. That is the only heart ache I have about the car. Rest is great so far.

The huge powerful engine. V8 426 HP. yikes !!

Interior can be a little better. Viewing is really bad, need to have more viewable space from the inside.

Helluva a Ride!!!!
By Oregon SS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Picked up my SS/RS a little more than a week ago. I drive 130 miles round trip everyday to work. This car is a blast to drive. I thoroughly enjoy my drive. The car handles great, is comfortable to drive, oh and did I mention fun. I have read of people complaining about mileage. You certainly don't buy it for the mileage. But I am averaging 20.6. I imagine if I was a bit kinder to the throttle it would only get better, but again what fun is that. The acceleration is great cornering is fantastic, can't wait to get the ground effects put on to complete the look. Great job Chevy! I would recommend this car to anyone who wanted a fun performance ride!

POWER, POWER, oh and POWER. Comfortable, love the 6 speed transmission.

Sunglass holder would be perfect. Clutch is a bit touchy but could just be me from driving an auto for so long, need to get my feel back.

Love my wifes new car!
By Roger Lampman

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I love my wifes new car. This is our second sports car, first was the Pontiac Solstice, and we now enjoy the extra space. The car cruises through town and constantly turns heads. We have the Summit White and have yet to decide on what customizing we are going to do to the exterior. So many choices. The car handles well on the interstate. Plenty of horsepower. Really enjoy the paddle shifting on the six speed automatic. Only problem that we have had is having our daughter wanting to borrow the car. Not sure if this kind of beast should be driven by youngsters. You have to get use to not being able to see the front corners of the car in cornering but it is a matter of practice.

Back up sensors. Bluetooth for phone.

On board navigation gps. Will give Onstar the benefit of the doubt though at this point.

Almost Perfect
By kmaro

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For the most part I am enjoying my V8 SS but there are some design flaws, great handling on turns and stops well, looks fabulous

Exterior, Retro gauges

spare tire should be standard, back seat is a joke compared to a real "69" camaro , lots of blind spots including the rearview mirror when looking to the right, stupid placement of door locks on central dash door latch to far forward for short people, passenger seat should be automatic very cheap

First Muscle Car
By 2010 2SS/RS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have just hit the end of the recommended break-in period (1500 miles) and I love this car more and more every day. I considered the similarly priced Challenger R/T and Mustang GT (both great cars), but fell in love with the Camaro. For such a heavy car, it is both agile and quick, and I enjoy pushing it in corners. I haven't enjoyed it on a 70 degree day yet, but with summer-only tires, I have had no traction issues in freezing temperatures. Even in 2-4" inches of snow, it did not slip. I am waiting for the first oil change and warmer temperatures before I really open it up and try the launch control, but even with the engine not fully broken in, it is a monster.

My favorite "features" are: the neck-snapping acceleration from the 426 hp V8, the snick-snick of the 6 speed manual, the decent mpg for a 400+ hp V8, back-up sensors (a major help in parking multiple cars closely) and the ability of this car to turn heads...mine included.

If I had to find one suggested improvement, I would suggest some interior work. That being said, I like the retro-styled interior, but it's not quite perfect yet. Even the flagship Corvette still suffers from the overly plastic interior.