2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Sort Reviews by

Love my Camaro
By S. Lyon

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just traded my 2996 Toyota Avalon Ltd. for the new 2010 Camaro 2LT Automatic with the RS package. It's black with silver rally stripes on the hood and trunk. I love it. It has features even my Avalon didn't have and I thought that was loaded. Get's lots of 2nd looks from passing vehicles. Think I'll keep it. It's the first sports car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

The back up sensors and the rugged, macho look.

Suggested Improvements

A place to store sunglasses. Larger sun shades.

Worth the wait
By David

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Waited for three months to get my Camaro. Well worth the wait! Great car. SS would have been great but needed the all season tires of the v-6. A little hard to get into if you are very tall but performance for a v-6 is great and so is the gas mileage(getting 30). Wanted a Hurst shifter but do not need it. Shifts are short and smooth. Getting stripes (black on my yellow ) and tinting the windows.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth,backup sensor, 6-speed trans. gas milage

Suggested Improvements

a little hard to get into Only orange has color seat option spare tire should not be an option, should be standard

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT
By Sgt Darkness

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Three years ago when GM said they were going to bring back the Camaro, I said yea, sure, same ole, same ole. I have ate my words, twice. This is probably the best car I have ever owned, 21 and counting. The ride, power, fit and finish are perfect. Chevy has a great car again. I bought the LS, 3.6, 6 speed manual to try to replicate the '67 version as much as possible and for 23,000 I feel like I stole it. And I thought my 08 Miata was fun to drive......Another reason I bought the LS, 6 speed manual is because as of this date only around 500 have been made. There will be many LTs and SSs on the road so the LS will be hard to find one day. Great car, buy one NOW.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, driver information center, gauges, short throw shifter. People coming up to me to tell me how great the car looks. White with Orange stripes. People grabbing their cell phones to take pics. The LS has alot to offer versus the 30 gran LT/SS.

Suggested Improvements

Gear position indicator (it does have reverse indication). Headers and better muffler system. Seat height adjustment for the LS but it is perfect for average person.

Who drove this before they built it?
By D. George

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Had the car for 2 months, if someone wants it I'll sell it now! Too big, too heavy, poor driving visibility & seating position the hype doesn't match the finished product. For GM it's a high margin vehicle that sells behind great marketing & visual style...that's how I got hooked. I don't get it when other buyers say this car handles great, compared to what?? After owning 3 different 70's muscle cars the retro formula is disappointing. For those looking to buy one I have one for sale at a discount!

Favorite Features

Looks...that's it

Suggested Improvements

Too late for that, GM already showed there hand. This car is for the novice buyer who has to have a cheap 'muscle' car.

What can you say AWESOME!
By Bryan

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since it was announced that they were bringing the old body style back, lets just say I couldn't wait. Purchased a Black on Black with the V6. Power from a V6? you would think it's a V8.... Trust me. Lines on this car are incredible.

Favorite Features

Everything form the engine to the body style to the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Just like the rest... would have to say the blind spot/s.

This is a great car
By Ddro

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have been in my Jewel Coat Camaro for a couple months now and am as excited each time I start it as I was when I picked it up from the dealership. Performance is perfect in every way. Fun to drive, acceleration amazing and looks like nothing else on the road today. When parked next to my coworkers Corvette most people radiate towards the Camaro with good reason. The Camaro looks tough from every angle. Wide and mean is the best way to describe the looks from the front. I am totaly satisfied with this car. I would rather drive this car than my Cadillac STS and that is a great car. I tried the imports and had nothing but trouble with my Mercedes E350. I would buy this car again and might.

Favorite Features

Looks, awesome from front to rear. Ride is firm and tight. Steering is like a race car, goes where it is pointed with no second guessing. Drives like it is on rails, literally feels like it should. Mileage is averaging 23.6 MPG combined. Highway mileage at 80 MPH is 26 MPG and at 70 MPH is 30-32

Suggested Improvements

The ONLY improvement I would suggest is dual mode mirrors like a wide angle view incorporated into the main mirror. Yes visibility was a concern when I first got it. But as with any new car you need to get the feel of it. Once I got acclimated I know where I am and where I am going, and that is nice

Bumblebee V6 with a 6-speed manual
By swfcpilot

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned higher performance cars in the past, but for a good compromise of comfort and performance, my Camaro is a good fit. We didn't want nor need the performance of the big V8, and liked the good gas mileage of the V6 models. We opted for the standard equipment manual transmission just because... The car is simply a blast. With the 19-inch wheels the car will take a corner pretty flat, but it doesn't rattle the fillings out of your teeth over bumps in the road either. Add the yellow paint and black stripes and it just simply looks sharp. Comfort is good with excellent seats even without adjustable lumbar. Visibility isn't perfect but like any other car you learn the blind spots.

Favorite Features

It's not unusual to hear somebody say Bumblebee every time you drive it, and my 5-year old thinks we really own Bumblebee. We added the console gauge package and it's just simply cool. It's great to be shifting a stick again too.

Suggested Improvements

I wish a HUD (heads up display) was an option, as well as a color display in the dash. The "infotainment" system is cool, but with a color screen there could be GPS moving map, backup camera, etc.

Winding roads
By Matt G.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I needed a driver and I couldn't find a car that looked good or felt right. I drove the 2SS and felt the power was excessive for a daily driver though lots of fun. This car's a looker, turns heads and kids take pictures with cell phones where ever I go (it's red). I love the retro interior, it reminds me of my youth and the fun I had "cruisin." I've been waiting for the "marshmallow" styles of todays' cars to disappear and chevy finally did it. This camaro exudes muscle with its looks. I only wish that they hadn't chopped the top so much. The resulting limited sight makes it difficult to predict turns while mountain driving especially when gaining altitude with the sun in your face.

Favorite Features

The style is great inside and out. The retro interior, the RS package is tops. V6 power and economy was surprising and even the automatic will smoke the tires. Loaded with comfort RS option features: heated seats, On Star, great stereo, etc. that makes driving fun again.

Suggested Improvements

It won't let you drive with your window down and arm on the sill, you sit too low. Don't buy the car if you're 6'5" or have bad arthritis as "boomers" may. Entry & egress is tough for us young at heart. Elevate the roof a little next style change. The field of vision will improve: much safer.

Olympic 10
By DDRO

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My camaro arrived 2 1/2 months after ordering it and believe me the wait was worth it. Mine is the red jewel tintcoat and looks like Dorothy's ruby slippers, absolutely gorgeous. This car turns heads and gets thumbs up everywhere I go. Ride and handling is perfect. Luxurious yet gripping. The base 3.6 liter engine is in one word powerful. Mileage is averaging 23 mpg combined hwy and city, better than my Cadillac STS. THe interior is sensible and standard equipment is loaded with features. My options were the connectivity package, automatic transmission, and the rs package. Everything anyone needs. Acceleration is great, interior noise unbelievably quiet and the ride is phenomenal. Great car

Favorite Features

Styling is a head turner. Looks better than ANYTHING else in it's class. Mileage is awesome. Transmission shifts perfectly, no lag or hesitation. Paddle shift in manual mode is the best I've had in any of my cars. Interior is well laid out. Standard equipment is unbelievable. OnStar worth it.

Suggested Improvements

The ONLY suggestion would be well nothing.

awesome
By deb

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

What a head Turner, love the get up and go. Don't feel like your going as fast as you are could get in trouble I think.

Favorite Features

just the overall looks of the car

Suggested Improvements

blind spots but getting use to them now