Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (68 reviews )

The experience
By Larry Kurbatoff

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Several days after we purchased our Camaro SS, we went on a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. Wherever we went, people complimented this car. Several said the car looked "fast" while parked. We utilized both auto and manual and wow, does this Camaro move. The instruments are easy to read, the inside lights are a delight and everything else is located on the steering wheel-no need to reach out for something. I really wanted to push it to about 120 to 130 mph, but mostly stayed under a 100. I am 69 and my wife is 70 and, for us, this is a real kick!

Instruments located on the steering wheel. Bluetooth and On Star are such a pleasure and extremely helpful on a long road trip. We have not had these programs before, but it is noteworthy that Bluetooth and On Star are two separate formats. XM radio is a blast.

None.

My wife loves her bee
By meanolhubby

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Let me preface: I'm not the primary driver. We have had a blast with the car since we bought it, though we have to keep a close eye on the speedometer. The 19 mpg in city is no surprise, but we drove from Omaha to Atlanta and got almost 29.5 mpg on every tank (91 octane or higher). We have driven it through snow and ice (though not on those P- zero tires) and had no issues; the vehicle weight, positraction, and traction control systems kept us on the road with very little problem. The car grabs attention wherever you go, and you just have to smile.

The car moves when you want it to move, and does so quickly. Responsive steering, and the traction control keeps you in charge. Gauges for all the critical items rather than just idiot lights. Easy to feel safe in the car because it just feels so solid. An absolute head-turner if you like attention.

Needs better visibility, specifically on the rear half of the vehicle. USB connection doesn't always detect iPod or other device. If you're going to bother putting in a back seat, make it big enough to be more than a purse holder for my wife. 'Gills' should be painted or have decals to stand out.

What a ride!
By Oldcar

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best muscle car I've ever owned. It was well worth the wait. Chevy hit the nail on the head. I had the dealership paint gloss black rally stripes with the exact footprint of the factory stickers. I also had the Corsa performance exhaust installed at the dealership. The Silver Ice Metallic with the gloss black stripes looks stunning and the LS3 motor sounds absolutely wicked under hard acceleration. Given the reaction the car gets from teenagers who see it, the Camaro is most likely breeding a new generation of car guys. When these hit the used car lots they are going to be snapped up by youngsters who can't afford a new one right now. Do yourself a favor...test drive one.

Plenty of power and an awesome sound. Great comfort with a state-of-the-art radio. I'll be taking a trip across the country this summer and I can hardly wait to see how it performs in the long haul.

Put a couple of "SS" badges somewhere on the flanks.

Who cares about gas mileage?
By Jeff in Utah

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I haven't figured out my mileage after 1500 miles, and I don't intend to. I bought this car because I liked muscle cars in the 70's and this one feels like that. Fast, and solid. And boy does it turn heads! It's like driving the Batmobile! I put ground effects on the orange and black monster, and little kids come running up to the street yelling, "NICE CAR" at me. Middle aged guys in mini-vans lean out their windows as I go buy, waiving their arms in the, "I'm not worthy" motion. My wife gets tried of having to spend an extra ten minutes every where we stop to talk to the crowd of people that come up to ask about the car. It's not just a car, it's a whole, experience.

The ground effects package, and performance exhaust set mine off from others. I love that 70's sound! But the engine is the real reason to own this car. It's fast, responsive. And unlike the old Camaro's this one can move fast in something other than a straight line.

It's been 25 years since I owned a two door car, and these babies are LONG! They could take a foot off them if the front seats slid forward when the back was unlatched to allow access to the back seat. The, "old School" fan could be replace with a temperature control system that controlled itself.

First empressions
By flyby991@gmail.com

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy got it right for once, a quality car and not a cheap knock off. I first drove the new mustang and it felt like my arms were too short, with the Camaro you don't have reach for the wheel. the power is incredible, it may be a bit tall geared but the motor makes up for that. The low end torque is good but the motor really wakes up from 4k on. It has the feel of the old muscle cars, which I thought the government too away long ago. American iron is back!

Power, power, power. Style a modern version of the first camaros. Handling, a muscle car that can take a corner. The mileage is great for a muscle car and better then most 4x4s and that is with a big v8.

easier to reed speedometer the numbers are just crushed together. lights dimmer has too much delay when dimming lights. change light switch location so you don't have to hunt for it, granted being auto you don't need to touch it most of the time.