Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (65 reviews )

Paint chipping very easily
By Sunnygirl1122

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow, I love this car! We have never owned anything that is as wonderful as our Camaro. Unfortunately, the paint is not a great quality. We have more chips on this car then we do on the 2005 Kia that we own. We have only put 1600 miles on it since February and there is paint chipping all over the doors, fenders and front end. I am very disappointed about this. We are actually going to have to have the car repainted. It would be one thing if we live out in the boondocks.. but we don't. Highway miles only. Come on Chevy help us out here. :) Love the car, hate the paint.

Favorite Features

This car looks so cool and talk about speed. Wow! It hugs the corners and turns the heads of everyone we drive by.

Suggested Improvements

Please upgrade the paint. The seat-belts leave a lot to be desired. They are very uncomfortable.

Update
By c192ps

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have now had 3 weeks to drive the car and it rocks. If you can drive without putting your foot in to all the time, the mileage will surprise you mine was saying 26 combined highway and city on my commute. But even when you put your foot in to it, the mileage is not that bad when you compare it to the older muscle cars back in the day. If you don't like talking to strangers DON'T BUY THIS CAR, because it is like everyone has something to say or ask about this car. the back seat is suited to kid and not adults,when you add the baby seat the passenger is limited but still usable.

Favorite Features

Power and handling

Suggested Improvements

parking brake is a poor location, shifter needs to be lowered, backup camera should be standard,

The experience
By Larry Kurbatoff

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Several days after we purchased our Camaro SS, we went on a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. Wherever we went, people complimented this car. Several said the car looked "fast" while parked. We utilized both auto and manual and wow, does this Camaro move. The instruments are easy to read, the inside lights are a delight and everything else is located on the steering wheel-no need to reach out for something. I really wanted to push it to about 120 to 130 mph, but mostly stayed under a 100. I am 69 and my wife is 70 and, for us, this is a real kick!

Favorite Features

Instruments located on the steering wheel. Bluetooth and On Star are such a pleasure and extremely helpful on a long road trip. We have not had these programs before, but it is noteworthy that Bluetooth and On Star are two separate formats. XM radio is a blast.

Suggested Improvements

None.

My wife loves her bee
By meanolhubby

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Let me preface: I'm not the primary driver. We have had a blast with the car since we bought it, though we have to keep a close eye on the speedometer. The 19 mpg in city is no surprise, but we drove from Omaha to Atlanta and got almost 29.5 mpg on every tank (91 octane or higher). We have driven it through snow and ice (though not on those P- zero tires) and had no issues; the vehicle weight, positraction, and traction control systems kept us on the road with very little problem. The car grabs attention wherever you go, and you just have to smile.

Favorite Features

The car moves when you want it to move, and does so quickly. Responsive steering, and the traction control keeps you in charge. Gauges for all the critical items rather than just idiot lights. Easy to feel safe in the car because it just feels so solid. An absolute head-turner if you like attention.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better visibility, specifically on the rear half of the vehicle. USB connection doesn't always detect iPod or other device. If you're going to bother putting in a back seat, make it big enough to be more than a purse holder for my wife. 'Gills' should be painted or have decals to stand out.

What a ride!
By Oldcar

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best muscle car I've ever owned. It was well worth the wait. Chevy hit the nail on the head. I had the dealership paint gloss black rally stripes with the exact footprint of the factory stickers. I also had the Corsa performance exhaust installed at the dealership. The Silver Ice Metallic with the gloss black stripes looks stunning and the LS3 motor sounds absolutely wicked under hard acceleration. Given the reaction the car gets from teenagers who see it, the Camaro is most likely breeding a new generation of car guys. When these hit the used car lots they are going to be snapped up by youngsters who can't afford a new one right now. Do yourself a favor...test drive one.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power and an awesome sound. Great comfort with a state-of-the-art radio. I'll be taking a trip across the country this summer and I can hardly wait to see how it performs in the long haul.

Suggested Improvements

Put a couple of "SS" badges somewhere on the flanks.