2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Camaro Consumer Reviews

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (65 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

My Camaro
By Owen

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Well when I get it in I love to drive it because of its performance and just all around like the car. I would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

I just like the car in all ways..

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little better access to back seat. But after all it is a sports car..

Worst design and customer service EVER!
By Dusty

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2010. At first I loved it. I baby all my vehicles like it's my child. I do not drive on gravel roads or construction I wash it even if its going to rain. Something You have too watch for. The front tires are kicking up debris and taking the paint off on the door and by the vents! I have a yellow one and its noticeable. I have a quote for $1400. Two dealerships and GM said it's my problem I should have bought mud flaps. I only have 4k miles on the car when I noticed this. It's a flaw in the paint or the design. I have the accessory book that came with the car splash guards were not an option at the time so how is it my fault. I even gave them almost 3k for extra warranty and meant nothing!

Favorite Features

The cars should already came with splash guards. all that money they didn't even give me back floor mats. The speakers are cheaper then the Bose they use too have.

Suggested Improvements

The dealerships should learn more about good customer service. There happy too take your money but not to help you. I have always been a Chevy guy but I will never buy a Chevy again.

Old Style Muscle Car/Modern Version
By Ron

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car rocks! Has the best overall application of modern technology packaged like the muscle cars of old. Great horsepower with the L99 engine and 6 speed auto is wonderful and smooth. Applies power as needed. Paddle shift just like the Corvette. Interior is well put together in terms of quality. Some blind spots and rear view mirror is only good straight back. Side mirrors take care of any issues and visually just like the old bubble Corvette rear fenders as you look back. Handling is great, but the Pirelli tires not good in wet conditions. Wear factor is poor. Best modern muscle car for the money over the Mustang and Dodge. Like the RS package with Black on Black ext/int.

Favorite Features

Cool lighting on interior at night. Great holding sport seats. Very quiet interior noise level. Fit and finish seems 100% better than it used to be. Excellent sound system and love having a sunroof too.

Suggested Improvements

Better storage space would help. Power option for passenger seat. Steering wheel blocks dash gauges at certain angles. Silly placement of pwr door locks. Water temp gauge should have temp numbers. Separate heat/cool controls would be nice for passenger side vents.

Very Pleased
By Jeff

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ended up with the red jewel v8 because I was unwilling to wait any longer for the ordered white v6. I'm so glad I did because it's the first question/observation that everyone makes about my car (big engine?). Once I tinted the windows, this car became one of the most awesome looking cars on the road. The blind spots that people talk about are real so don't buy this car if you can't drive proficiently with mirrors. It's also fun to remote start the v8 and watch bystanders jump out of their skin! My true test of a vehicle is that if something unforeseen happened to this car tonight, would I take the insurance check and buy it again tomorrow - WITHOUT A DOUBT I WOULD BUY THE EXACT CAR AGAIN!

Favorite Features

The overall look of the car and the reaction that people have when they see it. When you step on the gas - it GOES! I find myself using the cruise control to keep it from running out from under me. It's the most fun I've had driving a car in quite awhile. I also love the iPod integration via USB!

Suggested Improvements

I do tend to scrape the under nose on curbs when pulling all the way into a parking space. Some accent lighting to highlight the garage door buttons would be nice.

2010 Camaro SS/RS Fantastic Ride
By Tony

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow!! What a great muscle car. This is a very cool modern day muscle car. The power is incredible and the braking is excellent. I really like the interior design. The steering wheel is very cool. I have been a Ford guy most of my life and currently have 2 older muscle cars. The new GM Camaro is just all around cool and fun!! Best looking ride on the road at this time in my opinion. If you like attention get this car. I got the Victory Red SS/RS 6 Speed Manual with black leather. No sunroof. This ruins the lines on the roof. I also like the XM radio and the interior ambient lighting. The interior of this car looks awesome at night. Finally the front halo HID lights are nice and look great.

Favorite Features

6.2 L LS3 POWER! What a great engine. 6 Speed Manual Trans. Great Brembo Brakes. Styling is a 10 out of 10. Comfortable ride. RS Package is great along with the 20 inch chrome wheels. Buy this car. You will love it!

Suggested Improvements

Need Navi system. I would also like to see the heads up display that I have in my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

A beast with manners.
By LVR

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

It took me a while to warm up to the Camaro. Perhaps it was my own belief that, other than the C6 Corvette, "old" GM wouldn't/couldn't truly build a decent performance car. But my daughter nearly begged me to look at the new Camaro. So I did the research plus read a ton of "professional" and consumer reviews before even taking a test drive. I did the same on Jaguar XK, Mercedes CL series, Porsche, Cadillac XLR, Corvette, Lexus SC, Infinity and BMW sport sedans. Then selectively test drove the other cars again. Yes, I over analyzed it, but I usually keep and use my cars for a long time. I bought the Camaro and haven't looked back. I've driven it on long trips and it's my daily driver.

Favorite Features

Far more sophisticated than its predecessors the Camaro's drivability, comfort, and features compare well with "superior" brands. The styling speaks for itself. I love the way it handles. At will you can awaken the beast to experience all the muscle car fury then cage it again for the drive home.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic could be better. If you're over 5'4" you won't fit in the back seat... under 5'4" and its tolerable. But the back seat isn't why you buy the car. You can flip it down and you have plenty of cargo room. Visibility... adjust the mirrors and learn how to use them, you'll be just fine.

Cost Per Laugh Still Going Down
By Ziggy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got all the toys; V8/2SS/RS, 21" black rims, black ground effects, hood stripe and sun roof. It's not yellow or red (it's silver) and yet people see it coming from a mile away. And OMG it's a kick in the pants to drive! With properly placed mirrors, there are no blind spots when driving down the road. But when backing out of a parking spot, hopes and prayers work best because you can't see squat. And it takes a little practice getting it into a tight spot in the garage. But who cares!!! Did I mention how much fun it is to drive? I went to a coffee shop close to a police station the other day and by the time I got back to the car, cops were circling and gawking. Now THAT was fun!

Favorite Features

Are you kidding?! LOOK AT IT!!! All the gawking and rubbernecking is getting the chiropractors in town a little extra business! The 21" rims are pricey, but you'll know they're worth it the first time you pull up to a light and see people staring at them.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the 1st-4th gear only shift at specific rpm/speeds. It's not saving any gas; just causing me to go back to 1st and speed up when I realize I can't get into 2nd or 3rd. Going from 1st to 4th causes lugging.

One fun packed ride!
By Brett

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm still very much in the honeymoon stages with this new purchase but I've been very impressed so far. The exterior lines on this car are hard to beat with the big 20" wheels. Interior comfort was not compromised in this design either. Have not had a chance to really test the big V8 just yet due to break in mode but that time will come soon. I must say that I already like this machine more than my 2003 Z06 Vette. The smaller side windows create a couple significant blind spots but that is something that one can get used to with appropriate mirror settings etc. These windows are a big part of the cars overall appearance from my perspective ... giving it an almost chopped look.

Favorite Features

Exterior lines, big power, comfortable front seats, good fuel economy, cool wheels and American Made! The car also has a fantastic light package, both interior and exterior.

Suggested Improvements

None so far. I hope it stays that way! Well done Chevy!

One of the best cars on the road today!!
By James

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've wanted one since I was in high school, and I pre-ordered before they were even being built. I got everything except the sunroof. Really like the solid roofline. This car is just beautiful, VERY comfortable, and incredibly FUN!! I don't use it for work, but I've driven it on long trips and just around town, and it does NOT disappoint. It's simple, clean, and world-class! Some have complained about the interior materials and lack of navigation option, but I just use my phone, and OnStar's nav is good too. And I think the materials are quite nice, even if not "soft touch". This car is about driving, plain and simple...

Favorite Features

The engine is just full of power, and I average about 18 mpg city, which isn't bad at all for 426 horsepower! The handling is sharp without being harsh. Love the Boston Acoustics radio, bluetooth, and the ridiculously supportive and comfortable seats!

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, not much. The only thing I wish was at least available was a full power passenger seat. And perhaps more performance and appearance accessories from GM, but I'm sure they'll come. It's not a car for everyone (low visibility complaints, small back seat), but definitely worth a test drive

2SS Camaro
By Jazbati

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had some noise coming out of the exhaust, its on order to be replaced under warranty and has been on order fro more than a month now. That is the only heart ache I have about the car. Rest is great so far.

Favorite Features

The huge powerful engine. V8 426 HP. yikes !!

Suggested Improvements

Interior can be a little better. Viewing is really bad, need to have more viewable space from the inside.