Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The Beast
By Paul Wernich

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've put 7500 miles on my silver Heritage Edition Camaro and I'm still getting tons of stares and compliments. I especially enjoy the reaction from young boys (I suspect they will be future Camaro owners too). After a hard rain I did have a good bit of water leak into the back seat. The local dealer adjusted the door and I haven't noticed any leaking since. The front end continues to chip/nick much more easily than any car I've owned before. I ordered a mask/bra for it but because of the unusual shape of the front end of the Camaro, the fit was awkward so I ended up returning the mask/bra. There is a clear plastic coating available to protect the front end, I suggest you get it.

The exterior is lean, aggressive, and commanding. Fuel economy is about 24mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. Fairly quiet and stable on the road even at higher speeds. The vehicle information/diagnostics display is very useful. Automatic hood prop is convenient. Stylish cockpit.

Improve the paint quality especially on the front end where it's most vulnerable to damage. Make the interior less susceptible to scratching so easily. Shed some body weight, the car feels too heavy. Exterior hood release is difficult to access. Sunvisors should slide for better side coverage.

Does anything else really matter?
By paul wernich

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've put 2,700 miles on my new Camaro so far and I have mixed emotions. Dealership made me a fair deal. I'm averaging 23 mpg. I love the looks and comments I get from friends and strangers alike. Now the bad news. Front end scratches easily from rocks/debris on the road. Funny rattling noise coming from a/c vents. Passenger A pillar creaks. Onstar/phone seldom works. Radio/speaker quality needs improvement. Interior scratches too easy. Bottom line, who cares. The car is smoking hot. I bought the silver with black heritage rims and get loads of complements. I've had guys in Corvettes and Mustangs staring at my car. For under $25k, it's a work of art. I love my Camaro, so does everyone else.

The exterior of course. 6 speed automatic is smooth and fuel efficient. The silver paint with black heritage rims really gives it that "original" look. Driver info system is helpful. Automatic hood props. Lots of radio presets. Fairly comfy seats. Tight turning circle. Terrific handling.

Thicker/more durable paint on the front end/bumper. More sound insulation on the interior to suppress creaks/rattles. Better radio/speakers. What's up with that hit and miss Onstar and phone service? How about a right foot resting pad? On long drives my right leg cramps up. Exterior hood latch.

Near perfect for its purpose
By eikl

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Chevy really hit the ball out of the park with this car. It's really near perfect for what this car is designed for. It's got the looks, the muscle and the comforts. It rides too well for a sports car and yet manages to be firm in cornering. The power is amazing, I have the v6 version and that is ALL you need, it beats most sports cars out there off the line and at rolling speeds. Get used to seeing most people in the rear view mirror. The best part about this car is the look. I have the dark grey with black rims basically it looks like the old bat mobile. I get compliments almost every day, all age groups, sometimes it gets annoying. Excellent value as well.

Everything. The power, the looks, the retro but not too extreme interior. Every drive is an adventure.

Parking. Rear view camera or rear object sensors!!! If you live near tight spots or just don't want to deal with the limited rear visibility of this design then you're going to have a problem. Its going to take a while to get used it. Side views aren't all that bad though.

What A Ride!
By Robbie

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Replaced my 2000 V6 5 speed manual Camaro with this sporty 2010 6 speed manual with increased horsepower. Love the feel, ride, looks and pricing on this beauty. I always knew this new model was coming and held out from getting a Mustang. It was well worth the wait. Well done GM.

Horsepower, manual transmission, design features, XM Radio, ONSTAR and competitive price.

Additional exterior and interior colors, interior release latch for gas cap door

18 hours and counting...
By RedDragon

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Still in my first 24 hours of ownership. Amazingly slick car for the price! Planning on adding the RS rims to this LS to at least partially capture the looks of the $30K+ RS models. The below-sticker price, with a few incentives added in, made this Camaro cheaper than a Malibu 4cyl! Still to early to rank most of these categories accurately, but so far so good! I'll consider this my unborn son's high school graduation gift...never hurts to shop early!

The looks are amazing. The 3.6 direct injection (straight out of the CTS) is a great engine for a car in this price range. It told me how to get home from the dealer!

Don't buy one when you have a pregnant wife at home, she may not take it well ;)