Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

A beast with manners.
By LVR

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

It took me a while to warm up to the Camaro. Perhaps it was my own belief that, other than the C6 Corvette, "old" GM wouldn't/couldn't truly build a decent performance car. But my daughter nearly begged me to look at the new Camaro. So I did the research plus read a ton of "professional" and consumer reviews before even taking a test drive. I did the same on Jaguar XK, Mercedes CL series, Porsche, Cadillac XLR, Corvette, Lexus SC, Infinity and BMW sport sedans. Then selectively test drove the other cars again. Yes, I over analyzed it, but I usually keep and use my cars for a long time. I bought the Camaro and haven't looked back. I've driven it on long trips and it's my daily driver.

Favorite Features

Far more sophisticated than its predecessors the Camaro's drivability, comfort, and features compare well with "superior" brands. The styling speaks for itself. I love the way it handles. At will you can awaken the beast to experience all the muscle car fury then cage it again for the drive home.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic could be better. If you're over 5'4" you won't fit in the back seat... under 5'4" and its tolerable. But the back seat isn't why you buy the car. You can flip it down and you have plenty of cargo room. Visibility... adjust the mirrors and learn how to use them, you'll be just fine.

Cost Per Laugh Still Going Down
By Ziggy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got all the toys; V8/2SS/RS, 21" black rims, black ground effects, hood stripe and sun roof. It's not yellow or red (it's silver) and yet people see it coming from a mile away. And OMG it's a kick in the pants to drive! With properly placed mirrors, there are no blind spots when driving down the road. But when backing out of a parking spot, hopes and prayers work best because you can't see squat. And it takes a little practice getting it into a tight spot in the garage. But who cares!!! Did I mention how much fun it is to drive? I went to a coffee shop close to a police station the other day and by the time I got back to the car, cops were circling and gawking. Now THAT was fun!

Favorite Features

Are you kidding?! LOOK AT IT!!! All the gawking and rubbernecking is getting the chiropractors in town a little extra business! The 21" rims are pricey, but you'll know they're worth it the first time you pull up to a light and see people staring at them.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the 1st-4th gear only shift at specific rpm/speeds. It's not saving any gas; just causing me to go back to 1st and speed up when I realize I can't get into 2nd or 3rd. Going from 1st to 4th causes lugging.

One fun packed ride!
By Brett

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm still very much in the honeymoon stages with this new purchase but I've been very impressed so far. The exterior lines on this car are hard to beat with the big 20" wheels. Interior comfort was not compromised in this design either. Have not had a chance to really test the big V8 just yet due to break in mode but that time will come soon. I must say that I already like this machine more than my 2003 Z06 Vette. The smaller side windows create a couple significant blind spots but that is something that one can get used to with appropriate mirror settings etc. These windows are a big part of the cars overall appearance from my perspective ... giving it an almost chopped look.

Favorite Features

Exterior lines, big power, comfortable front seats, good fuel economy, cool wheels and American Made! The car also has a fantastic light package, both interior and exterior.

Suggested Improvements

None so far. I hope it stays that way! Well done Chevy!

One of the best cars on the road today!!
By James

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've wanted one since I was in high school, and I pre-ordered before they were even being built. I got everything except the sunroof. Really like the solid roofline. This car is just beautiful, VERY comfortable, and incredibly FUN!! I don't use it for work, but I've driven it on long trips and just around town, and it does NOT disappoint. It's simple, clean, and world-class! Some have complained about the interior materials and lack of navigation option, but I just use my phone, and OnStar's nav is good too. And I think the materials are quite nice, even if not "soft touch". This car is about driving, plain and simple...

Favorite Features

The engine is just full of power, and I average about 18 mpg city, which isn't bad at all for 426 horsepower! The handling is sharp without being harsh. Love the Boston Acoustics radio, bluetooth, and the ridiculously supportive and comfortable seats!

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, not much. The only thing I wish was at least available was a full power passenger seat. And perhaps more performance and appearance accessories from GM, but I'm sure they'll come. It's not a car for everyone (low visibility complaints, small back seat), but definitely worth a test drive

I got a Red One :)
By JoeJoe

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my H3 in for this baby. I have the LT2 with the RS package. Automatic, with all the goodies. It's Victory Red with White Stripes. Love the Sound System, The paddle shifters, I sit low in the seats, I'm 5'6", but that's what makes it so awesome. I feel as though I'm in a race car. My favorite part of the interior is the ambient blue lighting on the doors. too bad they couldn't of continued it all through the dash. Everyone looks at my car. It is sooooo easy to speed in this and not know it. So I like the speed notification you can set up. To warn you when you exceed the speed you had put in mine is at 69. I did get the spare tire, don't feel comfortable driving around without it...

Favorite Features

Looks,Sound System,Ambient Lighting,Handling,

Suggested Improvements

Navigation System with back up camera,On the RS package should have choice of summer tires, or all season tires.. I live in Ohio, next fall I'll buy a snow tire package from Tire Rack, had a few scary moments driving in the snow. It's my only car,otherwise I would have it in a garage. Love the Car..