Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Who cares about gas mileage?
By Jeff in Utah

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I haven't figured out my mileage after 1500 miles, and I don't intend to. I bought this car because I liked muscle cars in the 70's and this one feels like that. Fast, and solid. And boy does it turn heads! It's like driving the Batmobile! I put ground effects on the orange and black monster, and little kids come running up to the street yelling, "NICE CAR" at me. Middle aged guys in mini-vans lean out their windows as I go buy, waiving their arms in the, "I'm not worthy" motion. My wife gets tried of having to spend an extra ten minutes every where we stop to talk to the crowd of people that come up to ask about the car. It's not just a car, it's a whole, experience.

Favorite Features

The ground effects package, and performance exhaust set mine off from others. I love that 70's sound! But the engine is the real reason to own this car. It's fast, responsive. And unlike the old Camaro's this one can move fast in something other than a straight line.

Suggested Improvements

It's been 25 years since I owned a two door car, and these babies are LONG! They could take a foot off them if the front seats slid forward when the back was unlatched to allow access to the back seat. The, "old School" fan could be replace with a temperature control system that controlled itself.

Amazing Camaro!
By Brandon

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a new camaro 2lt with the rs package about a month or so ago. The car is black on black and boy let me tell you: wow! This car is absolutely amazing. The exterior and interior styling is gorgeous, the performance and powertrain is awesome, and the build quality is excellent. I drove the ss package and it was too fast, especially for my wife LOL, so we decided to go with the 304 hp v6. The v6 powerplant w/6-speed auto is powerful, smooth and fuel efficient. A recent road trip from Houston to San Antonio to Austin yielded almost 26 mpg overall (not driving the speed limit of course!) it's amazing all of the people who stare and give you thumbs up with this car. Good job gm!

Favorite Features

RS package with HID headlamps and rear spoiler; leather, heated seats; Boston Acoustics sound system; 20" polished rims. I can go on and on and on.

Very Happy
By Kaptain Kool

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a silver with black stripe 2010 Camaro 2LT with the RS package. I had wanted this car ever since I saw it. The V6 has plenty of power (I can't imagine the V8). I rarely get to hit 6th gear. The car is very cool. It is a little hard to see over the hood - especially if your trying to park within the lines of an empty parking lot. Also the cup holders are in the worst place ever. Other than that this is a great car.

Favorite Features

Style, power, sound, blue light within the door panels.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders so you can have a drink in the car and shift.

First empressions
By flyby991@gmail.com

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy got it right for once, a quality car and not a cheap knock off. I first drove the new mustang and it felt like my arms were too short, with the Camaro you don't have reach for the wheel. the power is incredible, it may be a bit tall geared but the motor makes up for that. The low end torque is good but the motor really wakes up from 4k on. It has the feel of the old muscle cars, which I thought the government too away long ago. American iron is back!

Favorite Features

Power, power, power. Style a modern version of the first camaros. Handling, a muscle car that can take a corner. The mileage is great for a muscle car and better then most 4x4s and that is with a big v8.

Suggested Improvements

easier to reed speedometer the numbers are just crushed together. lights dimmer has too much delay when dimming lights. change light switch location so you don't have to hunt for it, granted being auto you don't need to touch it most of the time.

Beast of a Car
By SAMHEFRAG

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Camaro 2SS for a little over a week and put over 1000 miles on it. It's a blast to drive, corners phenomenally for such a heavy car, and for a V8 is getting acceptable gas mileage. The interior is what I wanted, no frills with a handful of nice amenities. If you are looking to get this car, you shouldn't care about the fuel economy, the previously mentioned cheaper plastics, or the lack of a color screen for GPS. It's a 426 HP V8 sports car with 420 lb/ft of torque to lay some rubber down on the ground and look in your rear view mirror at the cars you just passed.

Favorite Features

The aggressive styling. I've been an import guy all my life and this car had me in a trance. The ipod feature, controlling it from the steering wheel is pretty cool; I use it all the time! The ambient interior lighting at night is a nice touch. The 6 speed manual is smooth and very responsive!

Suggested Improvements

Again, no mechanical complaints. The only thing that has bothered me so far is the plastic molding around the rear speakers. When you turn up the bass all the way and blast it, it rattles pretty good in my car, but then I just say my Camaro is dancing to the music. I still love it!