Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun car to drive, but seems to have consistent issues
By mccachement

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. I have never owned such a fun car to drive. Power and performance are outstanding. Reliability? Come on, Chevy. I know you can do better. Within months of purchasing the car it began to do "funny" things. Like telling me all 4 tires were flat and not one was, giving me an airbag warning and adjusting radio volume on its own to name a few. The Chevy dealer said it needed a computer upgrade and we did that. Everything was good for a few weeks, and the issues began again. Back to dealer, same problem. Now, 60K miles into it, the car has left me stranded twice and I no longer have any faith in the reliability. Be warned if you are looking for a reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fast car, great performance, nice handling.

Suggested Improvements

This car is a border line lemon. The computer problems are abundant and scary at times. Please put a "low battery" warning in the car. Within 10 miles, I received the low battery alert and 10 miles later, the car reduced engine power, shut off all electronics (including the windows) and limped home, thankfully it was just a few miles. Chevy needs to fix the computer problems that are abundant in this car and hopefully future models will have improvements.

Front end problems
By rockenroller

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca

Favorite Features

Lighting, sunroof, stereo, handling, acceleration, gas mileage, (I have installed a K&N), looks great inside & out, everything you see, I like, especially the handling characteristics, independent rear suspension is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint (more thickness) very thin, too thin.. build a better front end, (these are 20 inch wide profile tires, beef up the steel! (or aluminum). Widen front fenders behind the tires so rear outside panels do not get rock blast, (I don't take it on gravel) instal or make available fender lip protectors(lower rear of all 4 fenders) to stave off chipping from wheel blast, the Mylar plastic is too thin and the car wash has dissolved the factory set. Just call & I'll advise if I can.

Serious Paint Problems!
By elean

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I grew up driving camaros and was very excited when the new models came out. Drives wonderfully but the paint job is horrible! Did they only spray one coat? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a paint recall. I've seen several other 2010 camaros around town that are all equally scratched up. We've only had the car for 5 months, 1,400 miles, no accidents, and there are chips everywhere. All you have to do is look at this car funny and the paint will chip!

2010 RS Camaro
By lld767

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Well I've had my camaro for over a year now and I have to say I love it. Fun to drive,good gas mileage,a real head turner.I have the RS LT2 Automatic. Love the Bluetooth for phone w/voice activation. You can pair your cell phone to make calls and play your music wireless. There is also Aux input jack as well as a USB input. I have the 6 speed auto with the tap shift. Not very fun. If you put the trans in manual mode but don't activate the tap shift the trans will be in sport mode, it should say S where it displays what gear your in. It will say M+gear# if you activate the tap shift. Trans will redline with a firm shift. Much more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Looks, fun to drive, power, remote start, sound system, bluetooth, heated leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Can't see homelink buttons at night. should have a power pass seat.

Love it, but Im going to change grill
By Roland

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car, only one problem so far and it was a strange one. Seems that a bird hit the front and passed through the large gaps. It then got wedged out of sight. I only noticed something was wrong after a couple of days and garage was stinking. I'm looking at getting a modified grill mesh type so I don't have to go through that again. Drove it down pacific coast hwy and it truly was an awesome ride.

Favorite Features

I love driving it at night. The gauges and ambient lighting, awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Modify front grill to stop bugs, birds etc getting in there. :)