Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT Coupe Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Major Mechanical Issues - Thats Life!
By Anthony

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I, unfortunately, own a 2010 2LT that currently has about 70,000 miles. I have had multiple major mechanical components of the vehicle fail prematurely. Specifically, one of the catalytic converters failed at about 60,000, the throttle body and related wiring failed at about 45,000, the timing chains stretched at about 35,000 and most recently have just stretched again at about 70,000.

GM assumes no responsibility for the issues and when questioned for assistance with the second timing chain failure has relayed the message that they believe that this is normal wear and that the 35,000 mile interval is acceptable.

Terrible product. I do not recommend if you purchase one if you like your hard earned money. Other than the major mechanical issues the car looks fantastic. I guess I always really did need a $35,000 lawn decoration.

Fun car to drive, but seems to have consistent issues
By mccachement

Fun car to drive.
I have never owned such a fun car to drive.
Power and performance are outstanding.
Reliability?
Come on, Chevy.
I know you can do better.
Within months of purchasing the car it began to do "funny" things.
Like telling me all 4 tires were flat and not one was, giving me an airbag warning and adjusting radio volume on its own to name a few.
The Chevy dealer said it needed a computer upgrade and we did that.
Everything was good for a few weeks, and the issues began again.
Back to dealer, same problem.
Now, 60K miles into it, the car has left me stranded twice and I no longer have any faith in the reliability.
Be warned if you are looking for a reliable vehicle.

Fast car, great performance, nice handling.

This car is a border line lemon. The computer problems are abundant and scary at times. Please put a "low battery" warning in the car. Within 10 miles, I received the low battery alert and 10 miles later, the car reduced engine power, shut off all electronics (including the windows) and limped home, thankfully it was just a few miles. Chevy needs to fix the computer problems that are abundant in this car and hopefully future models will have improvements.

Front end problems (revised July 2016)
By rockenroller

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca.
Revised 07/16
I have purchased continental tires and they are a far superior tire. Other than traction, the Pirrellis are absolute trash. Since my purchase of the continentals I have no more cupping/ vibration issues, I don't have to replace them every 15,000km and that's running them bald. I have 40k on the conties and they are still handling perfectly and the wear is negligible. The Tire rack is a great business to buy rubber.

Serious Paint Problems!
By elean

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I grew up driving camaros and was very excited when the new models came out. Drives wonderfully but the paint job is horrible! Did they only spray one coat? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a paint recall. I've seen several other 2010 camaros around town that are all equally scratched up. We've only had the car for 5 months, 1,400 miles, no accidents, and there are chips everywhere. All you have to do is look at this car funny and the paint will chip!

2010 RS Camaro
By lld767

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Well I've had my camaro for over a year now and I have to say I love it. Fun to drive,good gas mileage,a real head turner.I have the RS LT2 Automatic. Love the Bluetooth for phone w/voice activation. You can pair your cell phone to make calls and play your music wireless. There is also Aux input jack as well as a USB input. I have the 6 speed auto with the tap shift. Not very fun. If you put the trans in manual mode but don't activate the tap shift the trans will be in sport mode, it should say S where it displays what gear your in. It will say M+gear# if you activate the tap shift. Trans will redline with a firm shift. Much more fun to drive.

Looks, fun to drive, power, remote start, sound system, bluetooth, heated leather seats.

Can't see homelink buttons at night. should have a power pass seat.