2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun car to drive, but seems to have consistent issues
By mccachement on 07/31/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. I have never owned such a fun car to drive. Power and performance are outstanding. Reliability? Come on, Chevy. I know you can do better. Within months of purchasing the car it began to do "funny" things. Like telling me all 4 tires were flat and not one was, giving me an airbag warning and adjusting radio volume on its own to name a few. The Chevy dealer said it needed a computer upgrade and we did that. Everything was good for a few weeks, and the issues began again. Back to dealer, same problem. Now, 60K miles into it, the car has left me stranded twice and I no longer have any faith in the reliability. Be warned if you are looking for a reliable vehicle.

Front end problems
By rockenroller on 07/11/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca

PAINT CHIPS!!!
By jennybain on 03/08/11 08:52 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Camaro since the Movie Transformers came out.. I love the look of the car . It is completely sexy and hot!... However, I have had my Camaro for 2 months and every single time I wash it or inspect it, I find more and more paint chips.. It is so disappointing.. I don't tail other drivers and I park in the nose bleed section of every parking lot to prevent door dings... These chips are coming out of no where.. There are not scratches.. these are large chunks of paint missing.. you can see the gray primer under it.. Also in the seams where the hood meets the fenders, the paint is flaking off.. I really hope Chevy does something about this.. I love my car..:(

2010 Camaro
By alanjxn1 on 01/02/11 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my 2010 Camaro for almost 2 years and the only problems I have had is the tire pressure sensor and the paint. Mine is black and I have had alot of people wanting to see it up close to include police officers.

2000 miles through,wind,rain, and snow
By or_truckguy on 01/01/11 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I rented a v6 Camaro. Drove with 2 adults and 2 children. Trunk held kids luggage, gifts, and overnight bags for adults. I moved drivers seat up for passenger. Drove that way for 3 hours no issue. teens were good to go in the back seat. Drove through nasty weather from Seattle down I-5 over to Hwy 101 to San Fran with 2 adults. Standing water, high winds, and heavy rain. Car handle well and was fun drive through the twisties on 101. Seat comfort is ok. 4'11 wife could see over door sills. V-6 has plenty of power, It'll pin you to your seat. Drove through Yosemite and 80 miles of snow at 5000+ft. Slow going with chains but no issues. Adjust mirrors be careful backing up, blind spots.

Serious Paint Problems!
By elean on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I grew up driving camaros and was very excited when the new models came out. Drives wonderfully but the paint job is horrible! Did they only spray one coat? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a paint recall. I've seen several other 2010 camaros around town that are all equally scratched up. We've only had the car for 5 months, 1,400 miles, no accidents, and there are chips everywhere. All you have to do is look at this car funny and the paint will chip!

It's A Real Chevy
By HARJR on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Moved up here from a 2000 Camaro which I had and thoroughly enjoyed driving for ten years. This 2010 model is a dream come true.

2010 RS Camaro
By lld767 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Well I've had my camaro for over a year now and I have to say I love it. Fun to drive,good gas mileage,a real head turner.I have the RS LT2 Automatic. Love the Bluetooth for phone w/voice activation. You can pair your cell phone to make calls and play your music wireless. There is also Aux input jack as well as a USB input. I have the 6 speed auto with the tap shift. Not very fun. If you put the trans in manual mode but don't activate the tap shift the trans will be in sport mode, it should say S where it displays what gear your in. It will say M+gear# if you activate the tap shift. Trans will redline with a firm shift. Much more fun to drive.

Clunking noise in the front
By Corinna on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my car to a Chevy dealership twice for this noise. The first time a sway bar link was replaced in the back. Still had the clunking noise, sounded like it was bottoming out. Went back a second time because it was in the front now and was told it was the bump stops doing there job. Still making noise but had a trusted technician ride with me to listen to it. He did figure it out. Can't believe it was only a small stone that got wedged in the front spring. No more clunking noise!

Nearly Perfect
By Ryan on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned to 2010 Camaro 1LT for around 9 months now, and I still have a smile on my face every time I hop in the car. The power is amazing (now SAE certified 312 hp, instead of the original rating of 304 hp), especially coming from a V6. GM knocked it out of the ballpark with the design. I have had people lean out of their cars on the highway to gawk at the car, people talk to me and ask to see inside it at gas stations, and been given thumbs up by other people driving their cars and motorcycles. I seriously feel like a rockstar driving this vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe in VA is:

$147 per month*