Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (68 reviews )

2010-2013 Best looking 5th gen camaros
By Miguel Ramos

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Im gonna start by saying that i love muscle cars, especially v8s. This camaro caught my eye and i had to buy it. I bought it used with 16k miles for $24k last year. When i test drove this car i was like wow. The acceleration was like nothing else i have drove, but then again im 22 and only had drove a toyota celica gt 2002. I always get complitments on the car. They asked me v8 or v6? When i tell them v8, they are like wow i wish i had one. Initially i was going to get a corvette 2009 but when i test drove the camaro i was sold, not only for the looks and power but also because it has 4 seats. Im a truck driver and to be honest the blind spots dont bother me much but they are annoying sometimes. I have drove it only 3k miles so i dont know much about the reliability. Gas mileage is ok for a v8 but i knew what i was buying. Interior is nice but could had been better. I love the red leather seats and the inside of the doors. Also when you drive this car you sit low and it feels like a tank but does handle teally good.

Great car with 605HP 6.8L 416 stroker!
By Joey Reyes

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I got a steal of a deal from a one-owner 2010 1SS/RS that I could not pass up! An older gentleman bought the car new, removed the adequately powered 6.2L and dropped in a 6.8L 605HP fire-breathing monster and I was first in line when he was ready to sell! Thankfully the prior owner had his thrill of owning this car for a while and due to the crate engine installed, the dealership didn't want anything to do with this modified ZL1 killer when he tried to trade it in for a new 2015 Corvette Stingray. I got him to sell me the car at trade in price, less the cost of a new set of tires and I got a bargain of a lifetime! The 1SS had been upgraded with factory leather seats, 4-gauge instrument cluster, drag radials, headers, exhaust, cold air intake, and best of all, a MAST motorsports built 416ci stroker motor pushing more horsepower than a Z06 or ZL1! It didn't take much convincing on the seller's part when all he had to do was crank over the engine and hear the sound of that power coming from the tailpipes! SOLD for $17.5K! I scoured the internet for years trying to find a decent one-owner SS and never would I think there would be a 600+ horsepower car for under $18,000. You should have seen the look on my friend's face when he heard the motor in my car after he dropped $29k for a used automatic SS! Priceless!

Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By Aaron K.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This was the first car I ever ordered at a dealership. I picked most options, SS with RS package, black with inferno orange interior and orange racing stripes. Six speed. I have had it 5.5 years now which is the longest I have ever kept a car. It has over 51,000 miles on it so it is not a show car. Virtually no problems with it, only one: the seat heaters quit working after 4 years but now I don't drive it in the winter any more. Those first 4 winters I had a snow tire and wheel package and never got stuck once (I live 50 miles north of Detroit).
I have owned about 18 cars and pickup through the years and I can say this one has been my favorite. I have gotten more comments on this car than any other car I have owned combined (and mostly from women) and that includes 2 Corvettes, 2 Escalades and a new Mercedes E55 AMG. My teenage boys both hope they will get this car someday...we will see.

HPE700 LS9
By hpe700

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most fun I think I have ever had and it is a thrill ride every time I go for milk or bread

The supercharged LS9 725bhp engin swap and the suspension up grades

Nice car. Don't but from Chevy of Irvine.
By stayaway3

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Superb car in every respect.
The blind spots are plenty, so be careful.
But this is the most bang for your buck you can get for under 40k performance-wise.
Do not buy from Chevy of Irvine as they like to drive your "new" car for hundreds of miles before presenting it to you.
Who knows what they do prior to you taking ownership.
And even when confronted about the issue, they deny despite the odometer's readings.
There are honest Chevy dealers out there.
Chevy of Irvine IS NOT one of them.
Fair warning.

The Camaro is an amazing vehicle. Chevy got it right. Chevy of Irvine is a disgrace to Chevy dealerships.

Don't deliver cars as "new" with 400+ miles on them.