Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - Consumer Reviews

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (66 reviews )

Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By Aaron K.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This was the first car I ever ordered at a dealership. I picked most options, SS with RS package, black with inferno orange interior and orange racing stripes. Six speed. I have had it 5.5 years now which is the longest I have ever kept a car. It has over 51,000 miles on it so it is not a show car. Virtually no problems with it, only one: the seat heaters quit working after 4 years but now I don't drive it in the winter any more. Those first 4 winters I had a snow tire and wheel package and never got stuck once (I live 50 miles north of Detroit). I have owned about 18 cars and pickup through the years and I can say this one has been my favorite. I have gotten more comments on this car than any other car I have owned combined (and mostly from women) and that includes 2 Corvettes, 2 Escalades and a new Mercedes E55 AMG. My teenage boys both hope they will get this car someday...we will see.

HPE700 LS9
By hpe700

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most fun I think I have ever had and it is a thrill ride every time I go for milk or bread

The supercharged LS9 725bhp engin swap and the suspension up grades

Nice car. Don't but from Chevy of Irvine.
By stayaway3

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Superb car in every respect. The blind spots are plenty, so be careful. But this is the most bang for your buck you can get for under 40k performance-wise. Do not buy from Chevy of Irvine as they like to drive your "new" car for hundreds of miles before presenting it to you. Who knows what they do prior to you taking ownership. And even when confronted about the issue, they deny despite the odometer's readings. There are honest Chevy dealers out there. Chevy of Irvine IS NOT one of them. Fair warning.

The Camaro is an amazing vehicle. Chevy got it right. Chevy of Irvine is a disgrace to Chevy dealerships.

Don't deliver cars as "new" with 400+ miles on them.

2010 - 2011 Camaro - Front End Suspension Issues
By jtcamaro

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

After a couple of months of owning the 2010 2SS RS Camaro, it started making very annoying front end noises, loud annoying clunking sounds when going over bumps or rivets in the pavement. The car now sounds like it is 10 years old. I have opened a case with GM but apparantly this is the case with MOST 2010 - 2011 Camaros and GM refuses to fix the issue at this time. If you visit this forum link you can see how many Camaro owners are having this issue. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2648682#post2648682 I have been dealing with this issue now for months and it gets me sick driving the car. Before you buy this car please see if GM came out with a resolution.

Exterior and Interior design

Suspension, customer support

Awesome Ride
By Lane Lowrance

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought this car as a wedding gift to my new bride. We have 9,000 miles on it. She and I love it. No problems so far. Super power! My wife says she is always getting approving looks. The Red Jewel color looks really great. The night time ambient interior lighting is wonderful. Love the instrumentation. A lot of fun for the money. Only complaint I personally have is I am a big guy, so I have a hard time getting comfortable on long drives. But, I still love the car (when she let's me drive it). Besides, I bought it for my wife and she loves it. That's all that matters!

The awesome exterior, styling. Power. Instrumentation. Lighting. Awesome stereo on the 2SS. Great handling.

Would like the exhaust to have a deeper rumble. The engine is much bigger than it sounds.