2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Camaro Consumer Reviews

1SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (12 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Disappointing
By warheart

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and kept it for just over 2 years. I had to convince myself that I liked the car, when I actually couldn't stand it. When people would ask me how I feel about it, I'd mutter "eh it's fun". But honestly, this thing drives like a clunker. Fast? Absolutely! But it handles like a bus with no visibility. It's advertised MPG is a longshot as well. It's really around 11-14. An additional sting came from the terrible internal options. Anyone that has driven a variety of sports cars can tell you the same thing, this isn't a real sports car. I've since changed over to a much smaller, lighter, far superior (though slower) RWD vehicle that actually offers a driving experience.

Favorite Features

The speed

Suggested Improvements

Interior, handling, visibility, MPG, paint quality

2010 Camaro Review
By carlover81

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Camaro a little over a year ago and it is driven daily. I am very impressed with its features. The 6.2L V8 is amazingly powerful and very responsive. The six speed transmission is very crisp and smooth. The gas mileage was actually a big surprise for a V8; I get 20+ city and right around 30 on the highway. I feel the interior has a cockpit feel that encompasses the driver but is also very ergonomic and comfy. The only issue I found was blind spots make it difficult to back up this large vehicle. Exterior styling was a great combination of modern almost futuristic styling and the classic Chevy muscle look. I really enjoy driving this car to work or cruising around town.

Favorite Features

Some of my favorite things about this vehicle are the numerous options to make the car your own. I purchased the RS package which has the HID headlights and daytime driving lights which help both at night and during those dreary days. I also went with the 1SS package instead of the 2SS package so I got the sport cloth interior instead of the leather, which would be uncomfortable in the NV heat. I think my favorite option was the manual transmission. With the manual you get more power than the auto and more control over the performance. I would still have to say the overall look is what really makes this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

I only have a few suggested improvements for the new Camaro. I think the suspension could be stiffened up a little. With an almost 4000 lb car you can really feel it sway in the turns. Also being over 6ft tall the roofline sits only about an inch from the top of my head; which I occasionally hit upon a large bump. Again I am very pleased with my Camaro and I would suggest it to anyone looking for an affordable sports car.

Awesome car
By nards4

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

great sports car for the money. love the car it gets a lot of attention and has all the power in world.

Favorite Features

Love the front end specially the HALO lights. Interior is nice

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major, visibility is lesser than other vehicles. Don't like how GM lumps options either.

The King of the Road
By Mboily

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For the past 20 years I've been driving second hand vestige cars & I decided to get myself a birthday present; A sport car. Guess what, I got a true super sport car instead for the same price! The Actual King of the American Roads, Oh yes, no other car attracts more attention and the reason is simple: Power and Style combine with an efficient design (interior & exterior). GM really got it all right, none of the regular bin parts or the usual adding of unnecessary molding or gimmicks to fill space. It's a simple and clean classic sport car design, finally! I just can't stop glaring & driving this car fast or slow. Every time I hop in, I know I'm driving something special and it makes me a happy man.

Favorite Features

Since I'm 6'4", never an American sport car made me feel comfortable like this Car does.(no sunroof) The wheel fits perfectly in my big hands. The manual stick shift is amazingly soft, quick and direct. The driving position is fabulous, even the visibility is good. I love the music of the 6.2 L.WOW!

Suggested Improvements

At high speed the steering wheel becomes a bit to numb in the center. The low fuel warning should continue to display the range left on the tank as well. Better gas mileage. My average is 15 MPG. Add the up and down adjustable passenger seat, short people do not see the road at all.

Orange Camaro 1SS
By Tom Fearer

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Highs: Great exterior body lines and excellent straight line performance. Multimatic paddle shifters are precise and have minimal to no shift delay. Handles close to the Mustang GT but not quite as well. Independent rear suspension creates a smoother ride that the Mustang. 14 inch Brembos really help stopping distances. Cloth seats are comfortable and look good. Current fuel economy is 17 MPG which is higher than expected. Lows: Some of the interior sight lines are difficult to see out of especially in the back which, is overcome by well placed mirrors. I would have liked an option of interior color other than black because it shows dust easily.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling just plain great. The 400 hp L99 is quick and responsive. The ride and handling are well balanced. For a car with this much power and performance capability I don't know why anyone would ever spend the extra $14,000 for a base Corvette.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more color options for the interior. The single color plastic and cloth would really be offset well with a body colored two tone look like the 2010 Indy Pace Car. Sight lines take some getting used to but are functional, besides you would not want to alter the beautiful exterior in any way.

2010 Black Angel
By Nancy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my Camaro SS for 2 weeks now. But all I can say is OMG! The performance is awesome. Build quality is fabulous. Some of the reviews mention the limited outward visibility; however, it's not that much worse than the mustang or challenger. Not a deal breaker in my opinion. I've always loved good ol' American Muscle and this car exemplifies that to the nth degree. Chevy is finally putting out well built vehicles and it shows. If you want a 69 buy a 69, otherwise take the new camaro for what it's worth, a great combination of old and new. 2010 Camaro = HOMERUN!

Favorite Features

Appearance, performance, comfort, quality.

Suggested Improvements

Thinner pillars to improve visibility.

Seriously fun !!!!
By Jason

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Only had the car for a week and I cannot get enough !! I now love to drive at any speed or on any road. I have a few more miles to go before the motor is broken in so I have not yet felt this monsters full potential. It's truly a carnival ride - so fast. My first muscle car and I could not be more satisfied! The car is a magnet for attention and I got a victory red one to boot so it is unavoidable to the human eye.

Favorite Features

The over-all appearance. The car looks like a predator waiting to attack - extremely intimidating. The presence of the hood in your frontal view - this may be a throwback muscle car quality but it enhances the driving experience. The power of the engine is undeniably present and often surprising.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing worth mentioning. I bought the car for the power and shape.

Aqua Blue Beautiful Beast!
By RS-1SS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Picked up my pre-ordered 2010 aqua blue metallic 1ss a week ago. What power on this puppy! I am so happy I picked aqua blue, this color makes the car look gorgeous. People stare ALL the time and compliment many times. The sports cloth interior impresses me very much. Everything has been smooth with the car so far. Sunroof well worthed. One word of advice.. If you are debating between the V6 and the V8, get the V8. I was about to get the 6 cylinder, but I changed my mind in time and now have an awesome V8 that rocks almost anything on the street. The power for the price is just amazing. What a hot car... Very very happy so far..

Favorite Features

Overall exterior looks, Boston acoustics sound system, sunroof, upgraded wheel package, premium cloth seating very nice, ENGINE!, just a beauty

Suggested Improvements

Really nothing at all. I would say blindspots, but who cares. Its like a race car. Nothing else at this point.

My new daily driver
By Bob

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had waited for the Camaro to make its official debut before deciding between it and the Mustang/Challenger. For the money asked, the Camaro SS was the best performance bargin. Just over $30K got me 426HP, a 6-speed manual transmission, Brembo brakes, Independent Rear Suspension and a perfectly proportioned coupe body style. This car is fast but can be driven with maturity in city traffic and still return a lot of fun for the time spent behind the wheel. Just listening to the sound of the exhaust as I go through the gears makes even the standard audio system unnecessary. Combined mileage with the V8 is around 18-21 right now. I can live with it. Well worth the wait to get it.

Favorite Features

The style of the Camaro sets it apart in traffic. From any angle, this car generates looks. Cyber Gray paint in the bright sunlight can bring a grown man to tears.

Suggested Improvements

None. Pray that Washington doesn't do a repeat of the early 1970's and try and legislate these out of existence.

DecepticonWiplash
By Wiplash

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Going on two months since I bought my RJT SS, and I have absolutely no complaints. The car is everything I had hope for(way back in 2006!) I waited, and waited, and waited some more. And I can now say it was definately worth the wait.

Favorite Features

Exterior lines and the Red Jewel Tint paint

Suggested Improvements

N/A