Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

2010 Camaro
By alanjxn1

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my 2010 Camaro for almost 2 years and the only problems I have had is the tire pressure sensor and the paint. Mine is black and I have had alot of people wanting to see it up close to include police officers.

Favorite Features

Speed and reliability and styling.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint and tires. My tires seem like they have flat spots when they are cold.

2000 miles through,wind,rain, and snow
By or_truckguy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I rented a v6 Camaro. Drove with 2 adults and 2 children. Trunk held kids luggage, gifts, and overnight bags for adults. I moved drivers seat up for passenger. Drove that way for 3 hours no issue. teens were good to go in the back seat. Drove through nasty weather from Seattle down I-5 over to Hwy 101 to San Fran with 2 adults. Standing water, high winds, and heavy rain. Car handle well and was fun drive through the twisties on 101. Seat comfort is ok. 4'11 wife could see over door sills. V-6 has plenty of power, It'll pin you to your seat. Drove through Yosemite and 80 miles of snow at 5000+ft. Slow going with chains but no issues. Adjust mirrors be careful backing up, blind spots.

Favorite Features

The power from V-6. It'll put a smile on your face. SirrusXm radio on a long trip. Paddle shifters for down shifting on narrower ice/snow covered roads. Traction control. The exterior design. 13 year old girl made a point to get a picture in the drivers seat. Told me I'm going to buy her one. Might be a negative for a Father.lol Interior gauges were nice, good retro style. Fog lamps and temp readout came in handy. Felt good to drive after 3 days of 8+ hours driving it. Didn't feel like a base model rental car 9000miles now with 11000miles. Didn't want to turn it in. And I'm a Ford guy.

Suggested Improvements

Can't speak for long term reliability. Steering wheel is a bit thick and I wear large size gloves. Telescopic steer wheel. Paint on rear bumper is thin. A parking lot shopping cart went straight to the plastic. Trunk opening is small. I think an auto-stick is better than paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

It's A Real Chevy
By HARJR

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Moved up here from a 2000 Camaro which I had and thoroughly enjoyed driving for ten years. This 2010 model is a dream come true.

Favorite Features

beefy 6 cyl engine, six speed manual tranny, OnStar & XM Radio, exterior design, price, fuel economy, etc.

Suggested Improvements

locking gas cap or door or latch release inside the vehicle.

Clunking noise in the front
By Corinna

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my car to a Chevy dealership twice for this noise. The first time a sway bar link was replaced in the back. Still had the clunking noise, sounded like it was bottoming out. Went back a second time because it was in the front now and was told it was the bump stops doing there job. Still making noise but had a trusted technician ride with me to listen to it. He did figure it out. Can't believe it was only a small stone that got wedged in the front spring. No more clunking noise!

The Batmobile?
By Paul Wernich

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's now been 6 months and 11,000 miles since I purchased my silver Camaro. I still get loads of stares and complements, I feel like a celebrity. Still getting about 24 mpg with a mix of city/highway driving. Handling/ride is pleasant over smooth surfaces but becomes unsettled and even jarring on rough surfaces (it feels as though the rear axle is breaking in two). The windshield began cracking for no apparent reason and the dealer replaced it at no charge under warranty. The paint continues to chip/nick very easily especially on the front end (an aftermarket bodyshop told me automakers are using a less durable/more environmental friendly paint. Radio plate sometimes fogs up from humidity.

Favorite Features

The car is just too sexy for the streets, reminds me of the Batmobile from the animated series The Batman. Overall quality appears so-so, typical for a GM product. Decent mpg for a powerful V6. Supportive/attractive seats. Tight turning circle. Lots of bang for the buck (great looks and features).

Suggested Improvements

Main complaints are back breaking suspension over broken pavement and paint that chips/nicks/scratches too easily. While on the subject of scratching easily, let's do something about those sensitive interior surfaces. Add sliding sunvisors. More powerful radio/speakers. Car feels too heavy. Rebates