Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Exceptional for it's purpose
By Jeffrey

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The 2010 Camaro LT is powerful in its V6 form, though leaves some torque to be desired. It's a very heavy car but it hugs the road and takes corners surprisingly well. The vehicles interior is the standard with Chevrolet, on the cheaper side compared to its European contemporaries but it is suiting to the cars looks, very comfortable, and easy to maintain and keep clean. The vehicle has given me a few electrical issues but never anything extremely hard to fix, and never any engine trouble. The XM radio antenna developed a leak into the vehicle around 60,000 miles which caused a conflagration of electrical issues in the cabin area because of water penetration. I am an owner in Washington state so rain is common and constant. The dealership and Chevrolet refused to assist me with the issue because it falls outside the warranty, beware this manufacturing defect.

Sweet car, bad dealership
By Buckeyedrifter86!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a couple of years now and it's been the time of my life! Awesome acceleration, great handling and even the gas mileage from a large engine is solid, even better compared to my old Scion TC. If anything, my only grips are the difficulty in installing a Hurst Shifter as you have to drop the transmission 5 inches. Also, Chevy needs to change their customer service standards. I bought the car from a Chrysler dealership and they were laughably better compared to the Chevy. But the actual car is awesome; a blast to drive and easy/fun to work on. Lots of thumbs up on the street and on the track.

Disappointing
By warheart

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and kept it for just over 2 years. I had to convince myself that I liked the car, when I actually couldn't stand it. When people would ask me how I feel about it, I'd mutter "eh it's fun". But honestly, this thing drives like a clunker. Fast? Absolutely! But it handles like a bus with no visibility. It's advertised MPG is a longshot as well. It's really around 11-14. An additional sting came from the terrible internal options. Anyone that has driven a variety of sports cars can tell you the same thing, this isn't a real sports car. I've since changed over to a much smaller, lighter, far superior (though slower) RWD vehicle that actually offers a driving experience.

The speed

Interior, handling, visibility, MPG, paint quality

2010 Camaro Review
By carlover81

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Camaro a little over a year ago and it is driven daily. I am very impressed with its features. The 6.2L V8 is amazingly powerful and very responsive. The six speed transmission is very crisp and smooth. The gas mileage was actually a big surprise for a V8; I get 20+ city and right around 30 on the highway. I feel the interior has a cockpit feel that encompasses the driver but is also very ergonomic and comfy. The only issue I found was blind spots make it difficult to back up this large vehicle. Exterior styling was a great combination of modern almost futuristic styling and the classic Chevy muscle look. I really enjoy driving this car to work or cruising around town.

Some of my favorite things about this vehicle are the numerous options to make the car your own. I purchased the RS package which has the HID headlights and daytime driving lights which help both at night and during those dreary days. I also went with the 1SS package instead of the 2SS package so I got the sport cloth interior instead of the leather, which would be uncomfortable in the NV heat. I think my favorite option was the manual transmission. With the manual you get more power than the auto and more control over the performance. I would still have to say the overall look is what really makes this vehicle.

I only have a few suggested improvements for the new Camaro. I think the suspension could be stiffened up a little. With an almost 4000 lb car you can really feel it sway in the turns. Also being over 6ft tall the roofline sits only about an inch from the top of my head; which I occasionally hit upon a large bump. Again I am very pleased with my Camaro and I would suggest it to anyone looking for an affordable sports car.

Awesome car
By nards4

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

great sports car for the money. love the car it gets a lot of attention and has all the power in world.

Love the front end specially the HALO lights. Interior is nice

Nothing major, visibility is lesser than other vehicles. Don't like how GM lumps options either.