2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Disappointing
By warheart on 01/25/13 13:02 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and kept it for just over 2 years. I had to convince myself that I liked the car, when I actually couldn't stand it. When people would ask me how I feel about it, I'd mutter "eh it's fun". But honestly, this thing drives like a clunker. Fast? Absolutely! But it handles like a bus with no visibility. It's advertised MPG is a longshot as well. It's really around 11-14. An additional sting came from the terrible internal options. Anyone that has driven a variety of sports cars can tell you the same thing, this isn't a real sports car. I've since changed over to a much smaller, lighter, far superior (though slower) RWD vehicle that actually offers a driving experience.

2010 Camaro Review
By carlover81 on 09/29/11 02:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Camaro a little over a year ago and it is driven daily. I am very impressed with its features. The 6.2L V8 is amazingly powerful and very responsive. The six speed transmission is very crisp and smooth. The gas mileage was actually a big surprise for a V8; I get 20+ city and right around 30 on the highway. I feel the interior has a cockpit feel that encompasses the driver but is also very ergonomic and comfy. The only issue I found was blind spots make it difficult to back up this large vehicle. Exterior styling was a great combination of modern almost futuristic styling and the classic Chevy muscle look. I really enjoy driving this car to work or cruising around town.

Awesome car
By nards4 on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

great sports car for the money. love the car it gets a lot of attention and has all the power in world.

The King of the Road
By Mboily on 05/25/10 09:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For the past 20 years I've been driving second hand vestige cars & I decided to get myself a birthday present; A sport car. Guess what, I got a true super sport car instead for the same price! The Actual King of the American Roads, Oh yes, no other car attracts more attention and the reason is simple: Power and Style combine with an efficient design (interior & exterior). GM really got it all right, none of the regular bin parts or the usual adding of unnecessary molding or gimmicks to fill space. It's a simple and clean classic sport car design, finally! I just can't stop glaring & driving this car fast or slow. Every time I hop in, I know I'm driving something special and it makes me a happy man.

Orange Camaro 1SS
By Tom Fearer on 05/03/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Highs: Great exterior body lines and excellent straight line performance. Multimatic paddle shifters are precise and have minimal to no shift delay. Handles close to the Mustang GT but not quite as well. Independent rear suspension creates a smoother ride that the Mustang. 14 inch Brembos really help stopping distances. Cloth seats are comfortable and look good. Current fuel economy is 17 MPG which is higher than expected. Lows: Some of the interior sight lines are difficult to see out of especially in the back which, is overcome by well placed mirrors. I would have liked an option of interior color other than black because it shows dust easily.

2010 Black Angel
By Nancy on 04/06/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my Camaro SS for 2 weeks now. But all I can say is OMG! The performance is awesome. Build quality is fabulous. Some of the reviews mention the limited outward visibility; however, it's not that much worse than the mustang or challenger. Not a deal breaker in my opinion. I've always loved good ol' American Muscle and this car exemplifies that to the nth degree. Chevy is finally putting out well built vehicles and it shows. If you want a 69 buy a 69, otherwise take the new camaro for what it's worth, a great combination of old and new. 2010 Camaro = HOMERUN!

Seriously fun !!!!
By Jason on 03/22/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Only had the car for a week and I cannot get enough !! I now love to drive at any speed or on any road. I have a few more miles to go before the motor is broken in so I have not yet felt this monsters full potential. It's truly a carnival ride - so fast. My first muscle car and I could not be more satisfied! The car is a magnet for attention and I got a victory red one to boot so it is unavoidable to the human eye.

Aqua Blue Beautiful Beast!
By RS-1SS on 10/28/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Picked up my pre-ordered 2010 aqua blue metallic 1ss a week ago. What power on this puppy! I am so happy I picked aqua blue, this color makes the car look gorgeous. People stare ALL the time and compliment many times. The sports cloth interior impresses me very much. Everything has been smooth with the car so far. Sunroof well worthed. One word of advice.. If you are debating between the V6 and the V8, get the V8. I was about to get the 6 cylinder, but I changed my mind in time and now have an awesome V8 that rocks almost anything on the street. The power for the price is just amazing. What a hot car... Very very happy so far..

My new daily driver
By Bob on 09/24/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had waited for the Camaro to make its official debut before deciding between it and the Mustang/Challenger. For the money asked, the Camaro SS was the best performance bargin. Just over $30K got me 426HP, a 6-speed manual transmission, Brembo brakes, Independent Rear Suspension and a perfectly proportioned coupe body style. This car is fast but can be driven with maturity in city traffic and still return a lot of fun for the time spent behind the wheel. Just listening to the sound of the exhaust as I go through the gears makes even the standard audio system unnecessary. Combined mileage with the V8 is around 18-21 right now. I can live with it. Well worth the wait to get it.

DecepticonWiplash
By Wiplash on 07/28/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Going on two months since I bought my RJT SS, and I have absolutely no complaints. The car is everything I had hope for(way back in 2006!) I waited, and waited, and waited some more. And I can now say it was definately worth the wait.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro in VA is:

$136 per month*