2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun car to drive, but seems to have consistent issues
By mccachement on 07/31/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. I have never owned such a fun car to drive. Power and performance are outstanding. Reliability? Come on, Chevy. I know you can do better. Within months of purchasing the car it began to do "funny" things. Like telling me all 4 tires were flat and not one was, giving me an airbag warning and adjusting radio volume on its own to name a few. The Chevy dealer said it needed a computer upgrade and we did that. Everything was good for a few weeks, and the issues began again. Back to dealer, same problem. Now, 60K miles into it, the car has left me stranded twice and I no longer have any faith in the reliability. Be warned if you are looking for a reliable vehicle.

Front end problems
By rockenroller on 07/11/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca

Disappointing
By warheart on 01/25/13 13:02 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and kept it for just over 2 years. I had to convince myself that I liked the car, when I actually couldn't stand it. When people would ask me how I feel about it, I'd mutter "eh it's fun". But honestly, this thing drives like a clunker. Fast? Absolutely! But it handles like a bus with no visibility. It's advertised MPG is a longshot as well. It's really around 11-14. An additional sting came from the terrible internal options. Anyone that has driven a variety of sports cars can tell you the same thing, this isn't a real sports car. I've since changed over to a much smaller, lighter, far superior (though slower) RWD vehicle that actually offers a driving experience.

HPE700 LS9
By hpe700 on 01/06/13 11:37 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most fun I think I have ever had and it is a thrill ride every time I go for milk or bread

Nice car. Don't but from Chevy of Irvine.
By stayaway3 on 12/20/11 02:11 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Superb car in every respect. The blind spots are plenty, so be careful. But this is the most bang for your buck you can get for under 40k performance-wise. Do not buy from Chevy of Irvine as they like to drive your "new" car for hundreds of miles before presenting it to you. Who knows what they do prior to you taking ownership. And even when confronted about the issue, they deny despite the odometer's readings. There are honest Chevy dealers out there. Chevy of Irvine IS NOT one of them. Fair warning.

2010 Camaro Review
By carlover81 on 09/29/11 02:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Camaro a little over a year ago and it is driven daily. I am very impressed with its features. The 6.2L V8 is amazingly powerful and very responsive. The six speed transmission is very crisp and smooth. The gas mileage was actually a big surprise for a V8; I get 20+ city and right around 30 on the highway. I feel the interior has a cockpit feel that encompasses the driver but is also very ergonomic and comfy. The only issue I found was blind spots make it difficult to back up this large vehicle. Exterior styling was a great combination of modern almost futuristic styling and the classic Chevy muscle look. I really enjoy driving this car to work or cruising around town.

PAINT CHIPS!!!
By jennybain on 03/08/11 08:52 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Camaro since the Movie Transformers came out.. I love the look of the car . It is completely sexy and hot!... However, I have had my Camaro for 2 months and every single time I wash it or inspect it, I find more and more paint chips.. It is so disappointing.. I don't tail other drivers and I park in the nose bleed section of every parking lot to prevent door dings... These chips are coming out of no where.. There are not scratches.. these are large chunks of paint missing.. you can see the gray primer under it.. Also in the seams where the hood meets the fenders, the paint is flaking off.. I really hope Chevy does something about this.. I love my car..:(

2010 Camaro
By alanjxn1 on 01/02/11 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my 2010 Camaro for almost 2 years and the only problems I have had is the tire pressure sensor and the paint. Mine is black and I have had alot of people wanting to see it up close to include police officers.

2000 miles through,wind,rain, and snow
By or_truckguy on 01/01/11 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I rented a v6 Camaro. Drove with 2 adults and 2 children. Trunk held kids luggage, gifts, and overnight bags for adults. I moved drivers seat up for passenger. Drove that way for 3 hours no issue. teens were good to go in the back seat. Drove through nasty weather from Seattle down I-5 over to Hwy 101 to San Fran with 2 adults. Standing water, high winds, and heavy rain. Car handle well and was fun drive through the twisties on 101. Seat comfort is ok. 4'11 wife could see over door sills. V-6 has plenty of power, It'll pin you to your seat. Drove through Yosemite and 80 miles of snow at 5000+ft. Slow going with chains but no issues. Adjust mirrors be careful backing up, blind spots.

2010 - 2011 Camaro - Front End Suspension Issues
By jtcamaro on 12/18/10 05:31 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

After a couple of months of owning the 2010 2SS RS Camaro, it started making very annoying front end noises, loud annoying clunking sounds when going over bumps or rivets in the pavement. The car now sounds like it is 10 years old. I have opened a case with GM but apparantly this is the case with MOST 2010 - 2011 Camaros and GM refuses to fix the issue at this time. If you visit this forum link you can see how many Camaro owners are having this issue. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2648682#post2648682 I have been dealing with this issue now for months and it gets me sick driving the car. Before you buy this car please see if GM came out with a resolution.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro in VA is:

$147 per month*