Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun car to drive, but seems to have consistent issues
By mccachement

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. I have never owned such a fun car to drive. Power and performance are outstanding. Reliability? Come on, Chevy. I know you can do better. Within months of purchasing the car it began to do "funny" things. Like telling me all 4 tires were flat and not one was, giving me an airbag warning and adjusting radio volume on its own to name a few. The Chevy dealer said it needed a computer upgrade and we did that. Everything was good for a few weeks, and the issues began again. Back to dealer, same problem. Now, 60K miles into it, the car has left me stranded twice and I no longer have any faith in the reliability. Be warned if you are looking for a reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fast car, great performance, nice handling.

Suggested Improvements

This car is a border line lemon. The computer problems are abundant and scary at times. Please put a "low battery" warning in the car. Within 10 miles, I received the low battery alert and 10 miles later, the car reduced engine power, shut off all electronics (including the windows) and limped home, thankfully it was just a few miles. Chevy needs to fix the computer problems that are abundant in this car and hopefully future models will have improvements.

Front end problems
By rockenroller

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have replaced the front 20" Pirellis on warranty due cupping at 30,000KM, everything was done at the time to ensure that this problem was corrected, ie:front & rear alignment, balance etc. All was well for a while but I now have the same issue with cupping at relatively the same mileage interval (60K) I believe the front struts are not heavy enough to handle the force the large wheels exert, I am going to look at upgrading front end components and replacing shocks with top of the line when the tires are in need of replacement. I think GM dropped the ball on adequate design strength on the Camaro, but I guess that can be forgiven, its off warranty now so too bad so sad. Its still a great ca

Favorite Features

Lighting, sunroof, stereo, handling, acceleration, gas mileage, (I have installed a K&N), looks great inside & out, everything you see, I like, especially the handling characteristics, independent rear suspension is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint (more thickness) very thin, too thin.. build a better front end, (these are 20 inch wide profile tires, beef up the steel! (or aluminum). Widen front fenders behind the tires so rear outside panels do not get rock blast, (I don't take it on gravel) instal or make available fender lip protectors(lower rear of all 4 fenders) to stave off chipping from wheel blast, the Mylar plastic is too thin and the car wash has dissolved the factory set. Just call & I'll advise if I can.

Disappointing
By warheart

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered a 2010 Camaro SS and kept it for just over 2 years. I had to convince myself that I liked the car, when I actually couldn't stand it. When people would ask me how I feel about it, I'd mutter "eh it's fun". But honestly, this thing drives like a clunker. Fast? Absolutely! But it handles like a bus with no visibility. It's advertised MPG is a longshot as well. It's really around 11-14. An additional sting came from the terrible internal options. Anyone that has driven a variety of sports cars can tell you the same thing, this isn't a real sports car. I've since changed over to a much smaller, lighter, far superior (though slower) RWD vehicle that actually offers a driving experience.

Favorite Features

The speed

Suggested Improvements

Interior, handling, visibility, MPG, paint quality

HPE700 LS9
By hpe700

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most fun I think I have ever had and it is a thrill ride every time I go for milk or bread

Favorite Features

The supercharged LS9 725bhp engin swap and the suspension up grades

Nice car. Don't but from Chevy of Irvine.
By stayaway3

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Superb car in every respect. The blind spots are plenty, so be careful. But this is the most bang for your buck you can get for under 40k performance-wise. Do not buy from Chevy of Irvine as they like to drive your "new" car for hundreds of miles before presenting it to you. Who knows what they do prior to you taking ownership. And even when confronted about the issue, they deny despite the odometer's readings. There are honest Chevy dealers out there. Chevy of Irvine IS NOT one of them. Fair warning.

Favorite Features

The Camaro is an amazing vehicle. Chevy got it right. Chevy of Irvine is a disgrace to Chevy dealerships.

Suggested Improvements

Don't deliver cars as "new" with 400+ miles on them.