Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Exceptional for it's purpose
By Jeffrey

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The 2010 Camaro LT is powerful in its V6 form, though leaves some torque to be desired. It's a very heavy car but it hugs the road and takes corners surprisingly well. The vehicles interior is the standard with Chevrolet, on the cheaper side compared to its European contemporaries but it is suiting to the cars looks, very comfortable, and easy to maintain and keep clean. The vehicle has given me a few electrical issues but never anything extremely hard to fix, and never any engine trouble. The XM radio antenna developed a leak into the vehicle around 60,000 miles which caused a conflagration of electrical issues in the cabin area because of water penetration. I am an owner in Washington state so rain is common and constant. The dealership and Chevrolet refused to assist me with the issue because it falls outside the warranty, beware this manufacturing defect.

Sweet car, bad dealership
By Buckeyedrifter86!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a couple of years now and it's been the time of my life! Awesome acceleration, great handling and even the gas mileage from a large engine is solid, even better compared to my old Scion TC. If anything, my only grips are the difficulty in installing a Hurst Shifter as you have to drop the transmission 5 inches. Also, Chevy needs to change their customer service standards. I bought the car from a Chrysler dealership and they were laughably better compared to the Chevy. But the actual car is awesome; a blast to drive and easy/fun to work on. Lots of thumbs up on the street and on the track.

2010-2013 Best looking 5th gen camaros
By Miguel Ramos

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Im gonna start by saying that i love muscle cars, especially v8s. This camaro caught my eye and i had to buy it. I bought it used with 16k miles for $24k last year. When i test drove this car i was like wow. The acceleration was like nothing else i have drove, but then again im 22 and only had drove a toyota celica gt 2002. I always get complitments on the car. They asked me v8 or v6? When i tell them v8, they are like wow i wish i had one. Initially i was going to get a corvette 2009 but when i test drove the camaro i was sold, not only for the looks and power but also because it has 4 seats. Im a truck driver and to be honest the blind spots dont bother me much but they are annoying sometimes. I have drove it only 3k miles so i dont know much about the reliability. Gas mileage is ok for a v8 but i knew what i was buying. Interior is nice but could had been better. I love the red leather seats and the inside of the doors. Also when you drive this car you sit low and it feels like a tank but does handle teally good.

Major Mechanical Issues - Thats Life!
By Anthony

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I, unfortunately, own a 2010 2LT that currently has about 70,000 miles. I have had multiple major mechanical components of the vehicle fail prematurely. Specifically, one of the catalytic converters failed at about 60,000, the throttle body and related wiring failed at about 45,000, the timing chains stretched at about 35,000 and most recently have just stretched again at about 70,000.

GM assumes no responsibility for the issues and when questioned for assistance with the second timing chain failure has relayed the message that they believe that this is normal wear and that the 35,000 mile interval is acceptable.

Terrible product. I do not recommend if you purchase one if you like your hard earned money. Other than the major mechanical issues the car looks fantastic. I guess I always really did need a $35,000 lawn decoration.

Great car with 605HP 6.8L 416 stroker!
By Joey Reyes

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I got a steal of a deal from a one-owner 2010 1SS/RS that I could not pass up! An older gentleman bought the car new, removed the adequately powered 6.2L and dropped in a 6.8L 605HP fire-breathing monster and I was first in line when he was ready to sell! Thankfully the prior owner had his thrill of owning this car for a while and due to the crate engine installed, the dealership didn't want anything to do with this modified ZL1 killer when he tried to trade it in for a new 2015 Corvette Stingray. I got him to sell me the car at trade in price, less the cost of a new set of tires and I got a bargain of a lifetime! The 1SS had been upgraded with factory leather seats, 4-gauge instrument cluster, drag radials, headers, exhaust, cold air intake, and best of all, a MAST motorsports built 416ci stroker motor pushing more horsepower than a Z06 or ZL1! It didn't take much convincing on the seller's part when all he had to do was crank over the engine and hear the sound of that power coming from the tailpipes! SOLD for $17.5K! I scoured the internet for years trying to find a decent one-owner SS and never would I think there would be a 600+ horsepower car for under $18,000. You should have seen the look on my friend's face when he heard the motor in my car after he dropped $29k for a used automatic SS! Priceless!