2002 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A legend in its own

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Review

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

A legend in its own time
By Marc Bazell on

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well, here it is nearly 4 years since I took delivery of my Canadian made '02 Z28, and still performs like the Vette, the Porsche 911 (0-60MPH), the A4, and can outrun any Mercedes BMW and the new Charger RTS. I use synthetic oil (Mobil One 10W- 30),rotate the tires faithfully, maintain about 5 psi above Chevy's recommended 30 psi, change the air filter every 6 months, just flushed the cooling system, brake system and transmission with 18,000 miles on the vehicle. And for all that nit-pickey extra maintenence, I get a whopping 33 MPG @ 70 MPH w/cruise control set. Now, lets see what GM has to offer with the new upgrade Camero next year. So far I like what I hear from rumour central.

Favorite Features

Superb stereo sound system and features. Superb handling, acceleration at all speeds. Superb braking. Much quieter than previous models. New improved paint makes it easier to polish and buff out scratches. Very good visibity and superb windshield wiper/washer system. A bigger washer resevoire.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more cushion and wider seat backs. Too much play in headlamp switch and A/C louvers. Plastic display on radio scratches too easily. Suggest a harder scratch resistant plexiglass.