2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Did the editors even drive thi

2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Did the editors even drive this car?
By Exodus I on

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is exceptional. I have owned a lot of cars in my life, including a 1968 Camaro, which is the only one that compares to this vehicle in performance. This car has literally saved my lie on several occasions. I don't drive a high performance vehicle to show off, Phoenix roads are dangerous. When I tell my car to do something, I expect an instant result. On at least three occasions, spit second performance has avoided serious accidents. She is asthetically appealing as well. She always turns heads, a nice bonus. She leaks a little in a car wash and the stereo needs upgrade. Everything else is amazing. I am giving this to my son and getting the 2009 when available!

Favorite Features

The engine purrs. Invest in the extra HP. The nose has exceptional lines. Once, after backing her into my driveway, two of the neighborhood kids came racing up, swishing their bikes tires; "hey mister, you've got a nice car!" America's only affordable sports car, and yes, I have owned a Mustang.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo. I went to crutchfield and replaced my speaker, Rockford Fosgate in the rear, Alpine in front and mid. The factory stereo is, well factory, so upgrade that as well High performance tires are a must as well. Also, use sound supression materials in the rear.