Camaro, One More Time
By D. Thompson on
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
As a former Camaro owner ('78 Rally Sport), I could not resist buying this car in the 35th and final year of production. After looking at convertibles for 2 years, this car fit the bill from a price, quality, and performance standpoint. Getting a convertible with this much performance at less that Edmunds TMV and walking away with thousands of $$ in my pocket was a great feeling. The build quality on this car is very good inside and out and I noticed none of the problems noted in other editorials. The car rides and drives very well with gas mileage in the 20- 22 range in town and 23 plus on the highway.
Favorite Features
Well-insulated, one-button power convertible top with glass rear window and defrogger. Designed as a convertible from the ground up. 500 watt Monsoon sound system with 'Auto Tone' and speed sensitive volume control. The Corvette LS1 engine.
Suggested Improvements
Sadly this is the last year for the Camaro line and GM/Chevrolet closed it out well IMHO. Build a replacement car that sells in the $30-$40K range with similar performance that is as comfortable and reliable as my Acura or Infiniti.