2002 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My 1st Camaro Convertible

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Review

My 1st Camaro Convertible
By alsolis on

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

First let me say, there no substitute for big engine w/ big torque.Surprising gas mileage,(50/50 hwy/city driving, 25 mpg)due to the engine not having to work much above 1500 rpm. But when the demand for horses gets the better of you, that 5.7 liters is very willing and able to deliver that power.The useable torque is available anytime in the rpm band. In these days of 4 bangers it is easy to forget those by gone days of "Torque on Demand". The 5.7 of this Camaro puts to shame the 4.6 of my other convertible, a Mustang GT.

Favorite Features

*Power. *Ease of lowering the top(7 secs from popping the 2 latches to drive off. Mustangs have 2 levers that take a little longer.) *Power

Suggested Improvements

Improved quality and worksmanship.The worksmanship is typical domestic cars. The driver side window seems to override its down limit to the point it pushes out the inside panel and then makes a pop or clunk when it is then raised up. Improve the "top up" visibility.