2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Best Value
By MLCrisis on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Camaro is the only car out there that fills the niche for me. I have no need for an SUV. The Japenese imports all look the same to me -- boring. You just can't beat the styling and performance of the Camaro. I wasn't really ready to buy a car yet, but with the last year of production and the rebate, I couldn't refuse. I got a great deal, but then again, that's what everyone thinks. I love the handling, the performance, the looks, and the great fuel economy. It is actually fun to drive to work now.

Sad to see her go.
By FastZinNC on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Camaro has been my most entertaining car to date. I'd like to address some of the complaints that people typically have about this car: 1) Ride quality: Its solid rear axle isn't going to provide a silky smooth ride, but it isn't bone-jarring either. 2) Build quality: as with all cars: if you beat it, it will break. The F-body has amazing mod potential, and people tend to go overboard with mods, and then complain about their cars breaking. 3) Noise: If you don't appreciate the throaty purr of a V8 at idle, or the wild roar at WOT, then you weren't meant for this car.

Underrated
By OnyxZ28 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

That's the story of the Camaro for the 4th generation, especially the LS1 (98- up) versions. Editors with little to no experience with the car step in expecting a Lexus ride with Corvette performance. What did they expect for 22K? It's the fastest car hands down in its price range, and contrary to urban legend, its fuel efficiency is amazing (26 MPG A4, 29 M6 highway). Others critique the LS1 with comments like "dinosaur pushrod technology." Hey -- why change what works? What's even more amazing is that almost nobody outside the auto community has realized that the LS1 F-bodies are underrated from the factory.

Excellent 3.8L
By 1st time owner on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Very glad I purchased one. Wanted an import sports coupe but the Camaro was too tempting. Bought one and no regrets at all. I'm just driving around until the "break in" is reached and then I'll really test this car!

2002 Z28 Camaro
By Caramo on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had more expensive sportscars in the past, but my Z28 is tops in bang for the buck. Plus I wanted to get one of the last of the breed before they were gone forever.

great
By kunk on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

always have loved camaros. This is the best one that I have owned.

Alright.........
By hornet on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well i bought this car because i thought i would be able to compete with my uncles 00' mustang cobra, but was i wrong. After thousands of dollars, i can now keep up with his stock cobra, but this car was a severe let down. Since it was the same engine as the vettes, i thought it would be easy to mod., but im still working on beating the damn ford.

The Best Car Ever
By No Doubt on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my Dream car. So fun to drive. This car will be back

Too Bad It's The Last Year
By Camero Lover on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone should invest in the 2002 Camero. I have been nothing but pleased. Everything runs and works beyond my expectations.

Farewell to a classic.
By Bill Balluff on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Too bad chevy has choosen to discontinue the Camaro. A real value for the money.A real hoot to drive and it still turns heads. Chevy should make one less SUV and bring back the Camaro!!