2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My Z28 Pony Killer
By MyZBeatDaCHP on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I special ordered my 2002 Z28 M6 with the Hurst SShifter, and never looked back. What an automobile. Ponys can't beat my acceleration. Ponys can't outmanuver my curves. Ponys can't match my topspeed. Any questions?

cheap high performance
By advoketzen on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

the camaro is a sports car for people looking for affordable power only a few steps and a few dollars away from a truly high performance vehicle, which can even be a daily driver

Love that Z
By 6speedz28 on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love driving this car. It handles well, brakes well, and definitely knows how to get out of the way when necessary. In fact, all the cars that I leave at the line look surprised when they catch up and find a female driving. The 6-speed manual transmission is a nice "upgrade" from the 5. My only issue with it is the annoying skip- shift "feature" that dumps you into 4th from 1st if your RPMs aren't high enough. Yuck. Also, GM should have put larger rotors on this car because the ones that come stock warp in no time. But that's okay, the dealership gets to pay for mine for 100K miles. :) I love my Z. She's a lot of fun.

wow, what can I say.
By rotwiler on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had 2 Mustang GT's before this 02 Z28 and the Camaro blows them away in every way. I am like a kid with a new toy, the car is fast and fun and price was excellent. The seats leather is great quality and superior to my 00 Monte Carlo SS or the previous Mustangs I owned. I may have to keep this car forever. The Monsoon sound system is great and the T tops are a great addition for the summer. And for the fully loaded Z28 with every option but traction control, 19,000 was a steal (had 2,000 miles on it).

Camaro SS
By Symanski41 on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Pure performance at a reasonable cost.

Over 310hp+25mpg+23k= A steal!!
By Musashi on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the car over a year ago. The LS-1 engine really was the main factor. However, the whole car is just a good package with a lot of potential. Great looks, goes like bat out of hell, and I got 25.5mpg on a trip to Pennsylvania with the a/c on! The stock Z-28 leaves with a lot of options on how you want the car to perform. It's a great base for autocrossing, open tracking, or drag racing. The aftermarket industry has a lot to offer. And getting help over the net is easy with sites like ls1.com and ls1tech.com Overall, an inexpensive car with tons of potential.

camaro z28
By dangerisland on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

fast,goodlooking and smooth.did i menton that its fast

Camaro WAS a good value sporty car
By H Thomas on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is obvious that the editors have too huge a bias against american Hobby cars. They should have recuesed themselves from rating cars they just don't like. These are not world class touring cars, but for the money they have provided tons of fun both in the driving and in the modifications.

Happy Owner
By offset_98 on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I am happy with my purchase. I have been born and raised a Ford man but wanted to take a chance with the last Camaro being produced. I'm already at 3K miles as a daily driver and I have no problems. I chose my car without leather and T-tops because I heard the Chevy leather is crap and the T-tops squeak. I have no squeaks in my car. I am comfortable driving my 75 mile a day commute to and from work on the 405 in LA (if you're from here, you know it can be a nightmare). If you can find one, do it now while you still can, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Muscle
By CAMZ28 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the most sweetest car ever. I went and raced my friends ford cobra and smoked th crap out of that chicks car. My parents vette has to work just to stay with it. This car is a bargin for its price.