Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Great Car- Reliability, Mileage, and Looks
By treavey

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really great car that has never given me any trouble. Routine maintenance is all you will ever need. And I usually get about 20 MPG in- town. Plus, its very stylish and looks great!

Finally got a blue one
By kahlme2002

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

There has got to be something good here. They were used for police cars. They are headturners. Haven't had it in any weather yet, so I'm waiting to see. Can't believe when they end a tradition they make a plain base car. But it handles nice, ride is pretty good for sport, gas mileage isn't bad. It is a bit wide to see with the mirrors.

Color, dark blue, outside body style. Stereo. Not to bad to work on as far as changing oil and transmission fluid, especially if you're female. The style of cut on the windows is cool. It is one major head turner.

Bring it back with better seats as far as adjustments. Nothing that raises spots in the car like gas tanks, catalytic converters or other equipment. Lower the console a bit or raise the seat. Maybe a baby blue color for us wildside generation women.

Best starter car ever!
By John

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. My dream car was always a Z28/SS Camaro with a 6-speed. Well I didn't get that, but I got my 2002 silver Camaro with black stripes. And a 5-speed. This car is so fun to drive. The mileage is amazing. On the way up from seeing my sister I got 28 mpg. It is very easy to get the tires lit up also. If I had the choice I'd go for the V8 any day, but the cost of gas and tires these days the V6 is just more practical.

The fun to drive factor.

The interior quality could be a little better there are little sqeaks in the t-tops other than that no complaints.

'02 Camaro SS
By Phillip Reynolds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

These cars are absolutely wonderful. They are a blast to drive, especially on good curvy roads!!! I would highly recomend this car to any performance enthusiast out there that wants a sports car.

My favorite feature of my Camaro SS is obviously the LS1. This engine has loads of power right out of the box. Driving would not be as fun without a big engine like the LS1.

The only improvements that should be made on Camaros is the production number. Currently they make about...none annually, which should be changed in the future.

A legend in its own time
By Marc Bazell

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well, here it is nearly 4 years since I took delivery of my Canadian made '02 Z28, and still performs like the Vette, the Porsche 911 (0-60MPH), the A4, and can outrun any Mercedes BMW and the new Charger RTS. I use synthetic oil (Mobil One 10W- 30),rotate the tires faithfully, maintain about 5 psi above Chevy's recommended 30 psi, change the air filter every 6 months, just flushed the cooling system, brake system and transmission with 18,000 miles on the vehicle. And for all that nit-pickey extra maintenence, I get a whopping 33 MPG @ 70 MPH w/cruise control set. Now, lets see what GM has to offer with the new upgrade Camero next year. So far I like what I hear from rumour central.

Superb stereo sound system and features. Superb handling, acceleration at all speeds. Superb braking. Much quieter than previous models. New improved paint makes it easier to polish and buff out scratches. Very good visibity and superb windshield wiper/washer system. A bigger washer resevoire.

A bit more cushion and wider seat backs. Too much play in headlamp switch and A/C louvers. Plastic display on radio scratches too easily. Suggest a harder scratch resistant plexiglass.