2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
SS
By Maverick822 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Incredible car for the money. Most people don't know that it gets the same fuel economy as a Camry, and matches the Porsche 911 0-60. Plus it has 33.0 cubic feet of cargo area. I think Chevrolet missed their market by not advertising the positives of this car, and by letting the gen 3 f-cars' image discourage would-be buyers. Also, contrary to popular belief, this car isn't bad in the snow. If you think so, just change the tires to all-season.

Tuff Camaro
By Dedicated GM'er on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the coupe in june 2002 upon hearing end of production. For a V6 has plenty of power and great milage. We use it as a daily driver for errands, has a great ride as with all GM suspension. Beats any Import I've rode in !!!

Camaro SS: Excellent power per dollar
By Qwerty327 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a solid built beast that will tear up the street as easily as it will shred a set of $1000.00 tires, the camaro is the ticket (if you're on a budget, otherwise go with the vette). I've owned 2 - a '91 RS and my current one - a black on black 2002 SS. If you're looking for the frills that you get in a luxury car, forget it. Sure, you can get plush leather, power everything, and a very respectful stock radio, but the heart of this car is under the hood.

camaro ss
By hart on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

no problems here the perfect every day driver owner of a 2002 camaro ss

2002 CHEVY CAMARO CONVERTIBLE
By MOVE on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I'VE DRIVEN CONVERTIBLES SINCE I WAS A YOUNG GIRL BUT I WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM THE CUTSIE LITTLE DEATH TRAP AND INTO SOMETHING WITH MORE STYLE AND RELIABILITY AND THE CAMARO IS IT. THE CONVERTIBLE TOP OPERATES SMOOTHLY AND LATCHES DOWN TIGHT, THE AIR CONDITIONING IS ICE COLD AND EXTRAS LIKE LUXURY CAR. THE BODY IS SEXY AND SLEEK AND THOUGH IT'S VERY SIMILAR TO THE FIREBIRD, IT DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME 'PLASTICKY' LOOK TO IT, THE MOLDING AND ACCESSORIES ARE VERY UNDERSTATED. THIS CAR IS SUPER FRISKY AND HAS AMAZING PICK-UP BUT STILL IT'S QUIET AND EASY TO CONTROL. THIS IS THE BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!

Not so much as a tick: It's Great!
By Ghrankenstein on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z-28 has been nothing short of awesome. I've had absolutely zero problems with it, and I get compliments on it almost every time I pull in to the station for a fill-up. The LS-1 truly makes this rumbling beast a "poor-man's Corvette." I'll probably have to get my speakers replaced, but that's this metalhead's fault, not Chevy's. The materials are cheap-looking, but the ergonomics are great.

V6 Camaro
By Hollywood Jose on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car in straight driving and turns but braking at high speeds is a little scary sometimes since it vibrates a lot. Driving fast in the rain is a very bad idea with this car (mine doesn't have traction control) and the car peels out without me even trying(even though i got new Yokohomas).

What a great ride!
By szerfas on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying this car is not for everyone. We actually have it as a summer fun car. With that being said it is everything I hoped it would be. The LS1 pulls hard all over the RPM band. The power is there whenever you want it, especially with 6 speed. I did not expect much from the cornering but for is size and live axle it sticks very well to the corner, I love finding corners to carve. The comfort is really good, long trips have been a pleasure. Decent storage space for a sports car. Take this car on a curvy hilly mountain road and no one is going to be able to wipe the grin off your face.

Camaros are the best
By Camarofirebird on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a great car. Its the best car for its price. I think GM shouldnt have stopped production on this car.

2002 Camaro
By Pitpens on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!!