Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Camaro review
By Camaro man on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an orange Z28, and I personally feel it is the best car I have ever owned. With its overwhelming power and historic roots this is a great chioce for any driver.

Z28
By Gayle1975 on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I like the car but the engine started to knock at 15,000 miles. GM says this is normal for this engine. It is very annoying & gets worse the longer the car is driven.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By DodgeNu on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

There is only one draw back to this car, and this only applies to people that are 6'5" and taller, leg room is a little to short

I love it
By offset98 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My family hated it, my friends made fun of it...guess what. Zero problems with this car! My buddy's A4 is in the shop monthly! Anyway, I have nothing but good things to say about the car. Ad a few bolt-ons to the car and you have what I have: 338.3 rwhp & 356.5 ft/lbs all @ 2100ft altitude. I took this car on trips between Chicago and So. Cal and it didn't skip a beat. Not even 12k feet up in altitude over the rockies.

SS
By Maverick822 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Incredible car for the money. Most people don't know that it gets the same fuel economy as a Camry, and matches the Porsche 911 0-60. Plus it has 33.0 cubic feet of cargo area. I think Chevrolet missed their market by not advertising the positives of this car, and by letting the gen 3 f-cars' image discourage would-be buyers. Also, contrary to popular belief, this car isn't bad in the snow. If you think so, just change the tires to all-season.

Tuff Camaro
By Dedicated GM'er on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the coupe in june 2002 upon hearing end of production. For a V6 has plenty of power and great milage. We use it as a daily driver for errands, has a great ride as with all GM suspension. Beats any Import I've rode in !!!

Camaro SS: Excellent power per dollar
By Qwerty327 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a solid built beast that will tear up the street as easily as it will shred a set of $1000.00 tires, the camaro is the ticket (if you're on a budget, otherwise go with the vette). I've owned 2 - a '91 RS and my current one - a black on black 2002 SS. If you're looking for the frills that you get in a luxury car, forget it. Sure, you can get plush leather, power everything, and a very respectful stock radio, but the heart of this car is under the hood.

camaro ss
By hart on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

no problems here the perfect every day driver owner of a 2002 camaro ss

Not so much as a tick: It's Great!
By Ghrankenstein on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z-28 has been nothing short of awesome. I've had absolutely zero problems with it, and I get compliments on it almost every time I pull in to the station for a fill-up. The LS-1 truly makes this rumbling beast a "poor-man's Corvette." I'll probably have to get my speakers replaced, but that's this metalhead's fault, not Chevy's. The materials are cheap-looking, but the ergonomics are great.

V6 Camaro
By Hollywood Jose on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car in straight driving and turns but braking at high speeds is a little scary sometimes since it vibrates a lot. Driving fast in the rain is a very bad idea with this car (mine doesn't have traction control) and the car peels out without me even trying(even though i got new Yokohomas).