Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Finally got a blue one
By kahlme2002

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

There has got to be something good here. They were used for police cars. They are headturners. Haven't had it in any weather yet, so I'm waiting to see. Can't believe when they end a tradition they make a plain base car. But it handles nice, ride is pretty good for sport, gas mileage isn't bad. It is a bit wide to see with the mirrors.

Color, dark blue, outside body style. Stereo. Not to bad to work on as far as changing oil and transmission fluid, especially if you're female. The style of cut on the windows is cool. It is one major head turner.

Bring it back with better seats as far as adjustments. Nothing that raises spots in the car like gas tanks, catalytic converters or other equipment. Lower the console a bit or raise the seat. Maybe a baby blue color for us wildside generation women.

Best starter car ever!
By John

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. My dream car was always a Z28/SS Camaro with a 6-speed. Well I didn't get that, but I got my 2002 silver Camaro with black stripes. And a 5-speed. This car is so fun to drive. The mileage is amazing. On the way up from seeing my sister I got 28 mpg. It is very easy to get the tires lit up also. If I had the choice I'd go for the V8 any day, but the cost of gas and tires these days the V6 is just more practical.

The fun to drive factor.

The interior quality could be a little better there are little sqeaks in the t-tops other than that no complaints.

Back to the true sports car
By John

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a a little over a month, but what a great car. I only have the V-6 with the five speed. It is a very agile car that is very fun to fly through the gears. Drifting the car / burnouts very easy. The car is built solid and doesnt seem to have any problems. The seats even though they are cloth are more comfortable than my sister's Mustang's that are leather. Over all it is a sporty fun car that is a great starter car or even a easy driver.

The gearbox, it is great gearing that makes it easy to smoke the tires if desired. Also it makes the car more agile. If you are considering this vehicle go for the stick, you won't regret it.

If you could go for a shorter thow shifter on this model. The throws are just a little too long for how sporty the car is.

Overall
By J-dUbS rIdE

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is an amazing car for a V6. All I have added was a chamber 2 flowmasters & a k&n air filter and I have no problem with 0-60 in 6 and a quarter mile in 14 for being mainly stock. You can't get any car better for your money than this model. The handling is awsome throughout turns and is very smooth at high speeds. The exterior is very sharp. Overall a very good machine.

T-tops looks great when taken off. The sound of the exhaust when adding flowmasters, body style, and of course performance.

Brakes vibrate too much, transmission mounts bust too often when burrning out. Needs standard traction control for this car.

I love this car!
By HollywoodJose

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives awesome and its a great head turner when its all clean and shiny! I've had NO problems with it and it has about 45k miles. Everything mechanical is built excellent!

The exterior design and color are awesome! I love how it sounds now with the Magnaflo exhaust when I'm driving! Excellent reliability and great power for a V6!

I wish the t-tops were better built to prevent squeaks and I wish traction control was standard cause the tires peel out a lot when its wet. BRING BACK THE CAMAROS!!!! I would definetly get another one after this one!