2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Keep the Camaro
By Map Guy on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It is a shame that GM has decided to drop the Camaro\Firebird line. It is the on fun car that still is reasonably priced. This is my 4th Camaro and I love driving them; each one gets better.

Best Value
By MLCrisis on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Camaro is the only car out there that fills the niche for me. I have no need for an SUV. The Japenese imports all look the same to me -- boring. You just can't beat the styling and performance of the Camaro. I wasn't really ready to buy a car yet, but with the last year of production and the rebate, I couldn't refuse. I got a great deal, but then again, that's what everyone thinks. I love the handling, the performance, the looks, and the great fuel economy. It is actually fun to drive to work now.

Excellent 3.8L
By 1st time owner on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Very glad I purchased one. Wanted an import sports coupe but the Camaro was too tempting. Bought one and no regrets at all. I'm just driving around until the "break in" is reached and then I'll really test this car!

great
By kunk on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

always have loved camaros. This is the best one that I have owned.

The Best Car Ever
By No Doubt on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my Dream car. So fun to drive. This car will be back

Too Bad It's The Last Year
By Camero Lover on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone should invest in the 2002 Camero. I have been nothing but pleased. Everything runs and works beyond my expectations.

Farewell to a classic.
By Bill Balluff on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Too bad chevy has choosen to discontinue the Camaro. A real value for the money.A real hoot to drive and it still turns heads. Chevy should make one less SUV and bring back the Camaro!!

Awesome car.
By boyracer on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car has had zero defects. It exceeds my highest expectations. It handles well, interior ergonomics (except seating position-I'm 6'2") are right where they should be. I'm happy with fuel economy and tightness of vehicle. This car is a winner.

Slow poke
By Old Man on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I special ordered this car last spring after thinking about it for two years. I ordered all the options except for the T-tops and traction control. I got the Y87 Performance/Handling package. Everything is great about this car except the V6 engine. What a letdown. Two weeks ago I went back to the dealer and special ordered a Z/28 with almost all the same options. I ordered it with the 3.23 axle. I would not have bought another Camaro if it wasn't a great car.

You can't beat it
By Drseigler on 03/01/02 10:56 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I can't think of anything that could give you more bang for your buck! It will SMOKE a Ford, looks great, and who says that boy-racer style s a bad thing? I'm 16, and I feel that the car was MADE for me.