2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Camaro SS: Excellent power per dollar
By Qwerty327 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a solid built beast that will tear up the street as easily as it will shred a set of $1000.00 tires, the camaro is the ticket (if you're on a budget, otherwise go with the vette). I've owned 2 - a '91 RS and my current one - a black on black 2002 SS. If you're looking for the frills that you get in a luxury car, forget it. Sure, you can get plush leather, power everything, and a very respectful stock radio, but the heart of this car is under the hood.

camaro ss
By hart on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

no problems here the perfect every day driver owner of a 2002 camaro ss

Not so much as a tick: It's Great!
By Ghrankenstein on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z-28 has been nothing short of awesome. I've had absolutely zero problems with it, and I get compliments on it almost every time I pull in to the station for a fill-up. The LS-1 truly makes this rumbling beast a "poor-man's Corvette." I'll probably have to get my speakers replaced, but that's this metalhead's fault, not Chevy's. The materials are cheap-looking, but the ergonomics are great.

What a great ride!
By szerfas on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying this car is not for everyone. We actually have it as a summer fun car. With that being said it is everything I hoped it would be. The LS1 pulls hard all over the RPM band. The power is there whenever you want it, especially with 6 speed. I did not expect much from the cornering but for is size and live axle it sticks very well to the corner, I love finding corners to carve. The comfort is really good, long trips have been a pleasure. Decent storage space for a sports car. Take this car on a curvy hilly mountain road and no one is going to be able to wipe the grin off your face.

Camaros are the best
By Camarofirebird on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a great car. Its the best car for its price. I think GM shouldnt have stopped production on this car.

2002 SS Camaro
By lastSS on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The car is absolutely a blast to drive. The acceleration is unbeatable. The handling is superb. I have beaten many cars, some of which were double the price of mine. Don't think you are getting a Mercedes when you buy this car. It is not for the weak hearted. It is a muscle car, not a spors car. There is a difference.

the best
By petecamaro on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

it is a great car. it is so much fun to drive.

disappointed in gm
By maro02 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

i did't like the idea of gm installing a"safety feature" which shut my 98 z28 off at 112mph. I felt like that was false advertisement when the speed omoter says 150mph,and considering that my 94 z didn't have a shut off.so when i decided to get the 2002 i made sure there was no safety feature on my new z. i was really disappointed in what gm had done, i called gm and asked if the corvette had this safety feature? no! i guess it was a money thing.over all i love my z,but gm almost lost along time z28 fan and customer.

THE SS
By reefblue42 on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is a great car - BUY ONE IF YOU CAN!!!

Amazing Car for the Money
By jr2003 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had experience driving the new m3, corvette zo6 porsche boxster s, and subaru wrx. This camaro is awesome. It has tons of performance, good ride and great handling!