2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Best starter car ever!
By John on 03/29/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. My dream car was always a Z28/SS Camaro with a 6-speed. Well I didn't get that, but I got my 2002 silver Camaro with black stripes. And a 5-speed. This car is so fun to drive. The mileage is amazing. On the way up from seeing my sister I got 28 mpg. It is very easy to get the tires lit up also. If I had the choice I'd go for the V8 any day, but the cost of gas and tires these days the V6 is just more practical.

Back to the true sports car
By John on 12/20/05 02:59 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a a little over a month, but what a great car. I only have the V-6 with the five speed. It is a very agile car that is very fun to fly through the gears. Drifting the car / burnouts very easy. The car is built solid and doesnt seem to have any problems. The seats even though they are cloth are more comfortable than my sister's Mustang's that are leather. Over all it is a sporty fun car that is a great starter car or even a easy driver.

Overall
By J-dUbS rIdE on 08/30/05 05:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is an amazing car for a V6. All I have added was a chamber 2 flowmasters & a k&n air filter and I have no problem with 0-60 in 6 and a quarter mile in 14 for being mainly stock. You can't get any car better for your money than this model. The handling is awsome throughout turns and is very smooth at high speeds. The exterior is very sharp. Overall a very good machine.

I love this car!
By HollywoodJose on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives awesome and its a great head turner when its all clean and shiny! I've had NO problems with it and it has about 45k miles. Everything mechanical is built excellent!

Tuff Camaro
By Dedicated GM'er on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the coupe in june 2002 upon hearing end of production. For a V6 has plenty of power and great milage. We use it as a daily driver for errands, has a great ride as with all GM suspension. Beats any Import I've rode in !!!

V6 Camaro
By Hollywood Jose on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car in straight driving and turns but braking at high speeds is a little scary sometimes since it vibrates a lot. Driving fast in the rain is a very bad idea with this car (mine doesn't have traction control) and the car peels out without me even trying(even though i got new Yokohomas).

2002 Camaro
By Pitpens on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!!

sporty car
By america on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome car --- bring it back--ASAP.

Awesome beast !!
By ED VOSS on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Handling and performance of the Camaro SS is awesome. This car is a beast, capable of over 150 mph and quarter mile under 13.5 seconds. It can rock 'n roll in the twisties, too. If you didn't get your factory hot rod 35 years ago, then the Camaro SS is the modern day equal. The SS shares a LS1 V8 with the Corvette, delivery 325-345 horses, The Corvette and Viper are faster, but for a whole lot less money, albeit equally high insurance premiums, the Camaro SS is a bargain.

The last of the fun and sporty camaro
By Danabeth on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second camaro and I am very glad to have purchased the final year 35th Anniversary edition. The car rides real nice and I enjoy every drive I take. If you can find one, I would recommend picking it up!