2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
I Can't Believe They Stopped Production
By sabshga on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Getting a new job that would have me driving 90 miles a day, I wanted something fun and handsome. I test drove every car from $21 to $35K. What can I say, convertible, 5.7 litre, V8, 310 HP with leather and a 500 watt stereo for $30K with 0% financing for 60 months. How can you drive an A4, a 325, (shiver) an X-type or a Mustang when you can drive this. Hit the gas and your head hits the back of the seat. I love this car.

I got mine...
By Davy Zoomzoom on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

... before it was too late. What a shame they are gone.

huge bang for the buck
By jerryd on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

i have a triple black ss convertible and this is the first american car i have purchased since 1989. to me this is a six speed manual,nearly 4 seat corvette. i have an slp modified car with the hurst shifter, chrome ss wheels , slp free breathing exhaust and a host of other factory mods. i am extremely pleased with the engineering of this car. it is reliable, fast, steers and brakes well and if i am careful i get approx. 30 mpg...AMAZING

Camaro, One More Time
By D. Thompson on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

As a former Camaro owner ('78 Rally Sport), I could not resist buying this car in the 35th and final year of production. After looking at convertibles for 2 years, this car fit the bill from a price, quality, and performance standpoint. Getting a convertible with this much performance at less that Edmunds TMV and walking away with thousands of $$ in my pocket was a great feeling. The build quality on this car is very good inside and out and I noticed none of the problems noted in other editorials. The car rides and drives very well with gas mileage in the 20- 22 range in town and 23 plus on the highway.

35th anniversary edition Camaro SS
By rljarvis on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Camaro & I wanted to get the last of the breed when GM the ends the F-body, so I got the 35th Anniversary edition Camaro SS convertible. Too much for a regular Camaro ($38k+), but well worth it for a collector edition of 1 of the last of the true muscle cars. Great performance thru a bullet proof 6 speed tranny & fun to drive. 'Arrest me red' is not my favorite color, but this is a very nice package with exterior stripes, leather, large wheels and tires; an overall package that makes for a real performance car, easily capable of serious performance upgrades, yet with decent gas mileage a& a civilized car capable of commuting in the worst traffic.

Great car.....
By Zecho on 03/18/02 11:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

... however there is a petition to have the LS1 engine recalled due to the fact that the #1 and sometimes the #2 cylinder is over-bored causing the engine to knock. Almost every LS1 engine that GM put into the Camaro, Corvette, or Truck has this problem. GM has chosen to ignore this much the same as they have other problems in the past, some of which have cost people their lives. I still love the car but, I will not buy another car with the LS1 engine until this problem has been resolved.