2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fast
By jrm1493 on 10/18/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great car, In college my roomate and I built a '91 GTA trans am and I always wanted another F-body. Found this one on a used car lot. The interior is pretty craptastic and there are some squeaks and rattles, but the car is extremely fast, it is well known that the 310hp factory rating was grossly low to make sure the Vette was the king of the GM hill. My car has long tube headers and other bolt ons, probably good for around 325 rwhp (haven't dynoed yet). Engine and tranny feel rock solid. My car does have a modified suspension and low profile tires so the ride is harsh but the seats are quite comfortable which help.

Did the editors even drive this car?
By Exodus I on 08/17/08 22:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is exceptional. I have owned a lot of cars in my life, including a 1968 Camaro, which is the only one that compares to this vehicle in performance. This car has literally saved my lie on several occasions. I don't drive a high performance vehicle to show off, Phoenix roads are dangerous. When I tell my car to do something, I expect an instant result. On at least three occasions, spit second performance has avoided serious accidents. She is asthetically appealing as well. She always turns heads, a nice bonus. She leaks a little in a car wash and the stereo needs upgrade. Everything else is amazing. I am giving this to my son and getting the 2009 when available!

Bad SS
By redracer1 on 02/26/08 22:55 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 35th SS LE Convertible it has been an absolute blast. More than enough power great handling and turns heads where ever I go.

2002 Camaro Convertible
By camaro02 on 12/29/07 22:32 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability. I have had this car for almost five years and have spent $0 on repairs, outside of normal maintenance. Gas mileage is great, given the current price of gas. Unique enough that I typically do not see another like it going down the road. Handling is excellent. I drive the car year round and have driven in a foot of snow with no problem (My son's Mazda 626 got stuck!)

Great Value
By Rocket Ship on 10/13/07 02:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this car for just over a month. Its performance is incredible and I get 22-23 in overall city/hiway driving. Engine is amazingly powerful; radio is a great boom box and handling is outstanding. Was a one- owner vehicle and has only 54K miles. I thank the previous owner for taking such good care of it. Have received many compliments on this beautifully styled vehicle. Looking forward to seeing the redesigned Camaro in model year 2009, but very happy with the one I have. LS1 engine is awesome.

Great car! Fun to drive!
By kimberly0130 on 06/28/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Camaro I've had (last one was a '97), and I was even more satisfied this time around with the overall performance. This car is still running great after owning it for 5 years. Keeping up with the maintenance is essential for these cars. I wasn't as careful with my last Camaro, and I ended up with several mechanical problems.

Vette powertrain in a cheap box
By larry on 05/22/07 10:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have 105,000 miles on this car and it runs/drives like new. Still gets 23mpg and I do not drive it easy! Can't find more bang for the buck performancewise anywhere. Mustang drivers still look at these with respect 5yrs after they're no longer made. It's has a cheap, plasticky, rattly interior, but if that starts to bug you just punch the gas and you'll remember why you tolerate this thing.

Simply a must have kind of car
By Camaroholic on 03/22/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. I have owned it for a couple months, and in that time, I have had a blast with it. Drifting is fun with the ASR (acceleration-slip reduction) off, and downshifting from 5th into 4th while going down the road just to get the feeling of being thrown back into the seat is just indescribable. I would've gone for a Z28/ SS, but for an entry-level sports car, I saw the base Camaro as a perfect idea

Great Car- Reliability, Mileage, and Looks
By treavey on 11/20/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really great car that has never given me any trouble. Routine maintenance is all you will ever need. And I usually get about 20 MPG in- town. Plus, its very stylish and looks great!

Finally got a blue one
By kahlme2002 on 09/25/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

There has got to be something good here. They were used for police cars. They are headturners. Haven't had it in any weather yet, so I'm waiting to see. Can't believe when they end a tradition they make a plain base car. But it handles nice, ride is pretty good for sport, gas mileage isn't bad. It is a bit wide to see with the mirrors.