2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Don't Blink or You'll Miss the Show
By bangn the pavement on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well everyone the end of an era is coming. I can remember new 69,70,70 and one half,71, and 72's rolling off the assembly lines for around $4000-$5000. I have just ordered a 2002 Camaro SS with all the toys I had a youngster. Well I guess some people never grow up. It has been a wife, four kids,two dogs and a job that takes up way too much of my time since I had a machine like the SS. I took a 2000 SS that the dealer had for sale for a ride and once again I was hooked. Now I count the weeks before delivery and hope that many more people find the pure enjoyment that such a unique vehicle offers.

#1 in American Muscle
By CowboyVike on 03/18/02 13:41 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Stop the whining. Either you are man enough to own a Z28 or you're not. You know exactly what you are getting when you purchase one. Sure, you sacrifice some comfort. But you are getting the sharpest, fastest muscle car built in 2001. I love the feeling you get when you step on the gas, Also, with and upgraded exhaust system you get the best muscle car sound around. As I said earlier, you know what to expect when you buy a Z28. If guts and muscle, with very good looks, are what you are looking for, then you made the right choice. This is definitely not your mothers Mustang!

Great car.....
By Zecho on 03/18/02 11:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

... however there is a petition to have the LS1 engine recalled due to the fact that the #1 and sometimes the #2 cylinder is over-bored causing the engine to knock. Almost every LS1 engine that GM put into the Camaro, Corvette, or Truck has this problem. GM has chosen to ignore this much the same as they have other problems in the past, some of which have cost people their lives. I still love the car but, I will not buy another car with the LS1 engine until this problem has been resolved.

More bang for your buck!
By zenith191 on 03/14/02 15:40 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second camaro I have owned. I have also owned a C5 corvette. While the vette handles significantly better the raw seat of the pants accelleration is not too much different than the Camaro once a few after market mods are thrown on. For half the price of the corvette though this car is a steal! If you like to go fast and don't care about creature comforts then this is for you.

You can't beat it
By Drseigler on 03/01/02 10:56 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I can't think of anything that could give you more bang for your buck! It will SMOKE a Ford, looks great, and who says that boy-racer style s a bad thing? I'm 16, and I feel that the car was MADE for me.

what r u thinking?!
By rob on 02/28/02 20:37 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

how is this car not a 10?! This car can kill any mustang ever mad, i dont care what u say. this is a fast car for pretty cheap. i can see the editors rating being low, scince they r out to get camaros, but the consumer rating should be of the charts. Do u want to settle for a chick car? a mustang? u go buy ur mustang.

the camaro is the best american-made car
By Camarofiend on 02/26/02 16:42 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Camaro is the best car without a doubt. It is sexy and sporty. It can turn heads and even without ground effects it can be one of the best looking cars there is.

To all of you Camaro Haters:
By Z28Muscle on 02/26/02 03:04 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Go out and drive one, instead of getting getting a view view of Camaro tailights as usual!! Jealousy won't get you anywhere. If you can't beat em', join em!