2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Awesome car.
By boyracer on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car has had zero defects. It exceeds my highest expectations. It handles well, interior ergonomics (except seating position-I'm 6'2") are right where they should be. I'm happy with fuel economy and tightness of vehicle. This car is a winner.

Slow poke
By Old Man on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I special ordered this car last spring after thinking about it for two years. I ordered all the options except for the T-tops and traction control. I got the Y87 Performance/Handling package. Everything is great about this car except the V6 engine. What a letdown. Two weeks ago I went back to the dealer and special ordered a Z/28 with almost all the same options. I ordered it with the 3.23 axle. I would not have bought another Camaro if it wasn't a great car.

Good enough to buy a second time!
By 2K2SOMSS on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had a '98 SS and now I have ordered a 2002 SS. The feeling I get while driving is therapeutic. The raw power is addictive. These cars are made for the enthusiast. No useless gadgets, no soft cushy feeling, and most important you can tell when the engine is running just by the sound! I'm gladly giving up the luxury of my 2001 Sierra C3 in trade for an icon of America.

CAMARO SS
By Richard Bergstrom on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

THE BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT YOU SHOULD GO OUT AND GET ONE BECAUSE IF YOU DONT SUPPORT THEM YOUR GOING TO BE STUCK BUYING A MUSTANG THE NEXT TIME AROUND. AND ILL REMIND YOU THAT A MUSTANG IS A FORD.

A Very Fine Ride
By JoeBoca on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my new Z28 in July 2002. Although I only have 5K miles on it at this time, I can say that Motor Trend was right, this car is the performance buy of the century. I have the automatic (upper back problems with a clutch). Still, this baby does fly. Very good handling. Recommend Chevy drop the overly raked windshield, fastback, the toooo (55 inches) long doors and go to the Retro version as seen in a previous Motor Trend article when, not if, they build the new one.

Great Car!
By SIXSPEED on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is all about speed and handling, it's the cheapest race car you can buy...period! The interior isn't up to Audi standards, but is great considering what you get (engine wise) over cars in a similar price range. Great crash ratings, great gas milage!

quick daily driver
By 94impalaSS on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very fast. Very affordable. Best performance value out there. Never had anything but scheduled maintenance. Yes, it has the stereotypical rattles. Handling and acceleration are extremely important to me. It will beat almost anything on the road. It certainly beats anything under 30 thousand. I use it as a daily driver and a winter car too. With traction control and snow tires, it is great in the winter. I absolutely love it. it is far, far, far, better than previous generation camaros!

350 HP: 20,000$
By Tom Slawsky on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

i got my 2001 Z28 with a CD player, 6 speed and hurst shifter and rear window de-froster. I paid just over 20,000$. Now, I had the horse power tested aftewr a new muffler and induction lid.....317 HP at the wheels, which translates to 385 HP at the motor. This thing has the Flagship LS1 motor and comes with 350 HP off of the show room floor (yes, GM UNDER rates these cars, as not to piss off the Vette owners) Anyone who says that these cars can only drive in a straight line has never driven a ercent one. The bang to buck ratio os awesome..these from 0-60 and through the quarter mile faster than the Porsche 911 (non turbo) and they are trapping the same speed as the new vwttes,whoah!

Don't Blink or You'll Miss the Show
By bangn the pavement on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well everyone the end of an era is coming. I can remember new 69,70,70 and one half,71, and 72's rolling off the assembly lines for around $4000-$5000. I have just ordered a 2002 Camaro SS with all the toys I had a youngster. Well I guess some people never grow up. It has been a wife, four kids,two dogs and a job that takes up way too much of my time since I had a machine like the SS. I took a 2000 SS that the dealer had for sale for a ride and once again I was hooked. Now I count the weeks before delivery and hope that many more people find the pure enjoyment that such a unique vehicle offers.

#1 in American Muscle
By CowboyVike on 03/18/02 13:41 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Stop the whining. Either you are man enough to own a Z28 or you're not. You know exactly what you are getting when you purchase one. Sure, you sacrifice some comfort. But you are getting the sharpest, fastest muscle car built in 2001. I love the feeling you get when you step on the gas, Also, with and upgraded exhaust system you get the best muscle car sound around. As I said earlier, you know what to expect when you buy a Z28. If guts and muscle, with very good looks, are what you are looking for, then you made the right choice. This is definitely not your mothers Mustang!