Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Bad bowtie!
By ChevyDemon

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 3.8 liter camaro for 4 years now. I drive it hard. It is a great looking car and amazing to drive. After a long or bad day just take the T tops off and stomp on the gas and a smile will always come! I plan on keeping this car until it rots!!

Favorite Features

T-tops, horse power, looks from people as you drive by! The sound of the exhaust!

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system and a better rear end!

Great car
By Jacob

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 3.8 liter V6 Camaro just a few weeks ago and I'm truly impressed. My last car was a 1995 Camaro V6 and I dove it from 207,000 miles to 239,500 miles. After I sold it, I knew I had to have another Camaro and the 2002 is even better than my '95. This 2002 only has 95,000 miles and it performs like a muscle car - a V8 muscle car. The styling is wonderful inside and out and the engine is very sound. I can tell this car was a good buy and I'm going to be driving it for years to come.

Favorite Features

What I like are the ground effects, the chrome rims (they're so nice looking that no one believes they are stock), and the T-Tops.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system.

What is Edmunds' problem?
By earlr

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

After reading the Edmunds editors reviews of the 4th generation Camaros, I suddenly felt the need to write a review of my own. I don't ever recall seeing such obvious bias in a review; but then, I haven't read many other reviews of American muscle cars, so maybe that's where their issues lie. I am very happy with my '02 Camaro; sure it's not perfect, and it's not Japanese, but it is a lot of fun to drive, is as reliable as any other car of its ilk, and oh did I mention it's a blast to drive. The car has over 120k miles on it now, and the engine & transmission are a solid now as they ever were. I've been able to fix any minor issues that have come up.

Favorite Features

Looks, excellent handling (admittedly with some help from aftermarket shocks/springs/sway bars), nice power for a pushrod V6, excellent brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Since this model is out of production, does it really matter?

153,000 miles and still going
By Laura

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 2002 camaro 35th anniversary edition since January of 2002. 8 months ago, I had the water pump replaced. Today, I had the sway bar replace and in the very near future I will need to have the catalytic converter replaced. Considering that I have 153,000 miles on this car, I think its done really well.

Favorite Features

The pick up. When I'm driving and I need to speed up, its great.

Suggested Improvements

A more comfortable front passenger seat or make it feel like you are not so low.

Great Overall
By Jimmy

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Well i'm only 17 my parents owned this car. And gave it to me as my first car. Before i always thought i was gonna tune it. But pointless even though its a v6 it hauls like a v8. 0 to 60 mid 7 secs good for a commuting car and the mileage is good to 30 mpg for the highway going 70mph. Really great car.

Favorite Features

The monsoon system even though factory it has 8 speakers 500 watt what else do you need. Just fully peeling out have no traction control the car slides to the side. The day riding lights just the yellow figures in the morning.

Suggested Improvements

Having no traction control on a 55/45 weight ratio rear wheel drive car. In the rain particularly bad wheels spin out. The gas pedal is to deep in not useful for heel toe rev matching.