2001 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: My "01SLP SS

2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

My "01SLP SS
By '01 SS/'68 400 on

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I got the car a few months ago from a guy that had barely decided to sell it. I jumped on it and got the car for $6k. It is T-Top, 6 speed standard, LS1 engine, and all stock, (which I highly recommend people get, A stock car). Once I got the car, the clutch went out. I just decided to park the car and mod it. I barely got done working car and its great! I love it to death! I put 3" flowmaster super 44 american thunders, 3" slashed tips,a SLP cold air set up, Edelbrock headers,(which dropped the 0-60 time by 1 FULL SECOND!),pistol grip Hurst shifter and short throw, Eiback springs,Moroso shocks and oil pan,Vette injectors, and 18" Z06 black vette rims. I blacked the car out!

Very sporty, TONS OF PARTS ON THE MARKET, cheap parts, people love them, you will be noticed everywhere you go. Can get any horsepower range out of the LS1, and the LS1 is bullet proof, very good engine. Can do alot to it, can use Vette stuff like suspension. T Tops rock, and the engine can rumble

Well, I would certainly do aftermarket mods. First, the suspension kinda stinks, new shocks, springs, strut bars, and k members will fix it, engine just needs bolt ons for + hp like exhaust, headers, soforth. Get all new weatherstripping, the t top stripping leaks when worn out. Upgrade the tires.